The Bar > The Lounge

'Hearty Eaters' Say Buffet Banned Them

<< < (2/4) > >>

Rebel:
To be honest, it's a buffet. What did the morons expect?

Chris_:

--- Quote from: lug-nut on January 02, 2008, 06:11:18 PM ---
'Hearty Eaters' Say Buffet Banned Them

HOUMA, La. (AP) - A 6-foot-3, 265-pound man says a restaurant overcharged him for his trips to the buffet line, then banned him and a relative because they're hearty eaters. A spokesman for the restaurant denies the claim.
Ricky Labit, a disabled offshore worker, said he had been a regular for eight months at the Manchuria Restaurant in Houma, eating there as often as three times a week.

On his most recent visit, he said, a waitress gave him and his wife's cousin, 44-year-old Michael Borrelli, a bill for $46.40, roughly double the buffet price for two adults.

"She says, 'Y'all fat, and y'all eat too much,'" Labit said.

*snip*

"Food is for eating, not toys for your child," reads a sign posted on a wall in typewritten text. A handwritten addition reads "Or 20% added."

Now that's a classy joint.   :-)

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8TU02B00&show_article=1

--- End quote ---

IMHO this is illegal.  You can't change a contract mid-stride.  If the contract is vague, it is ALWAYS construed to be against the one who drew up the contract.  "Or 20% added" is as vague as I can possibly imagine.

Rebel:

--- Quote from: freedumb2003 on January 02, 2008, 11:58:21 PM ---IMHO this is illegal.  You can't change a contract mid-stride.  If the contract is vague, it is ALWAYS construed to be against the one who drew up the contract.  "Or 20% added" is as vague as I can possibly imagine.

--- End quote ---

+1. It's BUFFET!  :-)

Chris_:

--- Quote from: Rebel on January 02, 2008, 11:59:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: freedumb2003 on January 02, 2008, 11:58:21 PM ---IMHO this is illegal.  You can't change a contract mid-stride.  If the contract is vague, it is ALWAYS construed to be against the one who drew up the contract.  "Or 20% added" is as vague as I can possibly imagine.

--- End quote ---

+1. It's BUFFET!  :-)

--- End quote ---

Yep!

And, dang it, I am hungry now.  I have had a hankering for ham for the last month or so.  And no hope in sight to squelch it.

Rebel:

--- Quote from: freedumb2003 on January 03, 2008, 12:05:02 AM ---
Yep!

And, dang it, I am hungry now.  I have had a hankering for ham for the last month or so.  And no hope in sight to squelch it.

--- End quote ---

Well, don't know where you live, but there's 2000 places to get ham within a 50-mile vicinity of me right now.  :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version