The Bar > The Lounge

'Hearty Eaters' Say Buffet Banned Them

(1/4) > >>

Chris_:

'Hearty Eaters' Say Buffet Banned Them

HOUMA, La. (AP) - A 6-foot-3, 265-pound man says a restaurant overcharged him for his trips to the buffet line, then banned him and a relative because they're hearty eaters. A spokesman for the restaurant denies the claim.
Ricky Labit, a disabled offshore worker, said he had been a regular for eight months at the Manchuria Restaurant in Houma, eating there as often as three times a week.

On his most recent visit, he said, a waitress gave him and his wife's cousin, 44-year-old Michael Borrelli, a bill for $46.40, roughly double the buffet price for two adults.

"She says, 'Y'all fat, and y'all eat too much,'" Labit said.

*snip*

"Food is for eating, not toys for your child," reads a sign posted on a wall in typewritten text. A handwritten addition reads "Or 20% added."

Now that's a classy joint.   :-)

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8TU02B00&show_article=1

jtyangel:
We have a place like that here. Dynasty Buffet. They  have king crab legs. It isn't just the fat folks who raid that pile. I've seen families come in there and they go straight there and take every crab leg out of there, wrap them up, and put them in a bag. Perhaps they should just charge an extra fee for a high end portion of the buffet to accomodate the portly or the classless.  :-)

DixieBelle:
All you can eat isn't a challenge.  :-)

We used to go to a certain buffet in my hometown when we would go home to visit. My brother told me that the owners were shutting it down after New Year's because people were loading up on things and not even being coy about it. I've seen people practically back up a truck and shovel as much as they can into their pockets.

jtyangel:

--- Quote from: DixieBelle on January 02, 2008, 06:56:05 PM ---All you can eat isn't a challenge.  :-)

We used to go to a certain buffet in my hometown when we would go home to visit. My brother told me that the owners were shutting it down after New Year's because people were loading up on things and not even being coy about it. I've seen people practically back up a truck and shovel as much as they can into their pockets.

--- End quote ---

Exactly, Dixie...that's how I've seen it done here too. I wasn't raised like that so to me I sit there just shaking my head.

Uhhuh35:
We have the "Country Buffet" around here but my wife and I never go. We call it "Hungry Hungry Hippos" cause it seems all we see are a bunch of lard asses waddling in and out. How can people do that to themselves?  :confused:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version