Current Events > Election 2010

members, please give

(1/9) > >>

franksolich:
I'm beat.  I'm dragged.  Too tired to look things up.

I'm happy, too; gloriously happy.

So as to make things easier, if anyone's so inclined, please give here the news of the elections in your state yesterday, so we don't have to scramble around looking for them.

No need for research or links or anything, just off the top of your head.

Nebraska was defiantly red last night, redder than I've ever seen it in my life.

Nebraska, in the heart of America, was probably the reddest state in the union last night.

There was supposed to have been a "close race" for the congressional district in Omaha, but it ended nearly 2-1 for the Republican incumbent.

No Senate race this year.  All three seats in the House, and all state executive offices, and nearly all of the state legislature, weren't only won by Republicans, but won by 2-1 or better margins.

Oh what a wonderful morning, oh what a wonderful day.

Odin's Hand:
Republicans won EVERY major state office in OK yesterday from governor to insurance commissioner. They also held both houses of legislature and SQ 744 (the enormous tax hike for the NEA/OEA and pork slurping school admins) was defeated by 81%.

Splashdown:
Pennsylvania went red--gloriously red. Our new governor, Tom Corbett, said he's going to look to NJ's gov Christie as a "model."

Sestak loses. The Spector of Specter (see what I did there?) is no more.

The legislature went republican.

A good day for PA. Finally.

dutch508:

--- Quote from: franksolich on November 03, 2010, 08:04:22 AM ---I'm beat.  I'm dragged.  Too tired to look things up.

I'm happy, too; gloriously happy.

So as to make things easier, if anyone's so inclined, please give here the news of the elections in your state yesterday, so we don't have to scramble around looking for them.

No need for research or links or anything, just off the top of your head.

Nebraska was defiantly red last night, redder than I've ever seen it in my life.

Nebraska, in the heart of America, was probably the reddest state in the union last night.

There was supposed to have been a "close race" for the congressional district in Omaha, but it ended nearly 2-1 for the Republican incumbent.

No Senate race this year.  All three seats in the House, and all state executive offices, and nearly all of the state legislature, weren't only won by Republicans, but won by 2-1 or better margins.

Oh what a wonderful morning, oh what a wonderful day.

--- End quote ---

Bitchslap for not trying hard enough.

franksolich:

--- Quote from: Splashdown on November 03, 2010, 08:16:00 AM ---Pennsylvania went red--gloriously red. Our new governor, Tom Corbett, said he's going to look to NJ's gov Christie as a "model."

Sestak loses. The Spector of Specter (see what I did there?) is no more.

The legislature went republican.

A good day for PA. Finally.

--- End quote ---

I was ecstatically happy to see that Barletta, the pro-immigrant anti-illegal alien mayor of Hazleton, beat the incumbent Dem Kanjorski, and by a good margin.  This had been one of those "toss-ups."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version