Current Events > Election 2010

preliminary to election night live thread

(1/6) > >>

franksolich:
Wretched Excess and I are going to be running a live election night thread.

The two of us worked very well in tandem during the primaries and elections of 2008, and we hope to duplicate that success.  (And besides, I have to get my post-count past that of chris_.)

However, there's a difference between past primaries and elections, and this election.

conservativecave is much larger and more active now, than it was then.

The election of 2010 seems to have spurred more interest than the election of 2008.

So we're going to need some help.

Since there's so many races, and all over the country, Wretched Excess and I can't possibly report on them all.

Wretched Excess will start the live election thread, as he lives in an earlier time-zone than I do, and is going to be watching certain early results that establish the momentum or non-momentum of the elections; I'm going to be watching the spinal column of America, the middle of America.

This leaves great swathes of the country "uncovered."

Since we're mellow, laid back, and nonchalant, we don't need people to "officially" volunteer to help on this, but we'd mightily appreciate it if others throughout the evening reported in with developments and results from races in their area, or in which they have a particular interest--on the live election thread, rather than as a new free-standing thread.

Free-standing threads ("xxxx beats yyyy") are okay, and certainly not to be discouraged, but on the other hand, one can't read two things at the same time.  If one wishes to post a free-standing thread about a particular race, fine, great, it's all copacetic, but please also stop in the live election thread to drop a comment about it.

Based upon past experience, and current membership, it looks as if we need people to at least casually keep track of races in New York, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Illinois, New England, and the west coast, and to illuminate us as the evening wears on.   

JohnnyReb:
I hope you and Wretched Excess have a lot of " republican YYY unseats democrat XXX" reports.

BlueStateSaint:
I'll be in on it.  I'm sure that Carl and Karin will be, too . . .

rich_t:
I wish that I didn't have to work on the 3rd.  I'd like to stay up late into the night to watch the left coast results.

Who here has a DU account and can report back on the number of heads that explode as the election results start coming in?

franksolich:

--- Quote from: rich_t on October 31, 2010, 08:06:53 AM ---Who here has a DU account and can report back on the number of heads that explode as the election results start coming in?
--- End quote ---

Oh, I'm sure we're going to get plenty of those sorts of reports, in the DUmpster.

It's going to be a trick for me--successful or unsuccessful--keeping track of the election returns and the primitives both at the same time.

But my main point here--don't just read election night; comment too.  Illuminate us as to what's going on, how's it going, &c., &c., &c.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version