Author Topic: 'Meanest Mom on Planet' Sells Son's Car  (Read 4601 times)

Offline jtyangel

'Meanest Mom on Planet' Sells Son's Car
« on: January 10, 2008, 06:04:16 AM »
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/meanest-mom-on-planet-sells-sons-car/20080109131809990001

DES MOINES, Iowa (Jan. 9) - Jane Hambleton has dubbed herself the "meanest mom on the planet."

After finding alcohol in her son's car, she decided to sell the car and share her 19-year-old's misdeed with everyone - by placing an ad in the local newspaper.

What's Your Take?

The ad reads: "OLDS 1999 Intrigue. Totally uncool parents who obviously don't love teenage son, selling his car. Only driven for three weeks before snoopy mom who needs to get a life found booze under front seat. $3,700/offer. Call meanest mom on the planet."

Hambleton has heard from people besides interested buyers since recently placing the ad in The Des Moines Register.

I like how the ad was placed using what was no doubt her son's own words about the situation. Good for her for sticking to the rules she set up. Too many parents would have let it slide and I doubt when there is another car, he will be so quick to abuse the privilege.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: 'Meanest Mom on Planet' Sells Son's Car
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 07:13:49 AM »
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/meanest-mom-on-planet-sells-sons-car/20080109131809990001

DES MOINES, Iowa (Jan. 9) - Jane Hambleton has dubbed herself the "meanest mom on the planet."

After finding alcohol in her son's car, she decided to sell the car and share her 19-year-old's misdeed with everyone - by placing an ad in the local newspaper.

What's Your Take?

The ad reads: "OLDS 1999 Intrigue. Totally uncool parents who obviously don't love teenage son, selling his car. Only driven for three weeks before snoopy mom who needs to get a life found booze under front seat. $3,700/offer. Call meanest mom on the planet."

Hambleton has heard from people besides interested buyers since recently placing the ad in The Des Moines Register.

I like how the ad was placed using what was no doubt her son's own words about the situation. Good for her for sticking to the rules she set up. Too many parents would have let it slide and I doubt when there is another car, he will be so quick to abuse the privilege.
(what she said ^ )
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 07:52:55 AM »
"mom" did him a favor and taught a good lesson.  There are consequences for doing something stupid.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 08:01:50 AM »
"mom" did him a favor and taught a good lesson.  There are consequences for doing something stupid.

He really took them for a ride. Hopefully this will be a learning vehicle for him :naughty:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 08:07:06 AM »

He really took them for a ride. Hopefully this will be a learning vehicle for him :naughty:
Automatic puns drive some folks crazy.   :-)

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 08:11:22 AM »

Their mileage may vary... :-)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 09:50:32 AM »
Good for her!!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 11:21:18 AM »

Ain't that a gas?   :tongue:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 11:26:35 AM »

This story has a bumper crop of puns

(BRING IT!) :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 11:29:46 AM »

Wheel just see about that.   :-)

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 11:36:23 AM »

Don't blink-er you'll miss it :-)(I am so avoiding finishing my school assignment!  :-))

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 11:37:26 AM »

Don't blink-er you'll miss it :-)(I am so avoiding finishing my school assignment!  :-))
...then you should end this transmission.   :tongue:

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 11:39:06 AM »
At some point we surely will exhaust the options for puns on this.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 11:41:03 AM »

Nah, we're just gearing up.   :-)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 11:43:44 AM »

Time toshift to a new topic.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 11:44:17 AM »
Her deed may have saved his life. I worked in a cemetary for a year and it was so sad to see a child or teenager buried.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 11:45:45 AM »
Her deed may have saved his life. I worked in a cemetary for a year and it was so sad to see a child or teenager buried.

Yes, on a serious note, her sticking to her guns potentially saved this young man's life or someone else's. I like that she stuck to her guns as a parent. If only more folks would do that.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2008, 11:49:57 AM »

Time toshift to a new topic.
Yeah, gimme a brake.   :-)

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2008, 12:57:25 PM »
She definitely did the right thing, and I'm board with her style of parenting.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Papakvapilak

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2008, 06:26:40 PM »
Good for her.

I feel the kid's pain, though.  My Dad was like that.  When I was in the eighth grade I brought home a failing grade in math for the six weeks ending before Christmas.  My Dad took back all my gifts and replaced them with shovels.  About twelve of them in all different sizes and styles.  All the shovels were of the highest quality.  He said, "If you are going to have the education of a ditch digger, the least I can do is tool you up for your career." I felt like I was the saddest kid on earth.  It got me off my ass though.

I never failed another class and graduated with a 4.0 gpa from high school.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 10:35:57 PM »
Good on mom. She did the right thing. Probably saved the kid and who knows how many others.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"