The Help Desk > Computer Related Discussions & Questions

Virus & Malware Removal

<< < (3/11) > >>

Thor:
Let's limit this thread to links and such, not  as a "help me" thread. Thanks. Those types of threads would be better served as a separate topic.

rich_t:

--- Quote from: Texacon on July 05, 2010, 01:02:26 PM ---Rich, here's an awesome site this guy has put together.  I keep this one bookmarked;

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

My secretary got a virus a few months ago that removed all her file associations.  This site saved my ass.

KC

--- End quote ---

Lools like a pretty good site.  But I'm running Vista and that site seems to be XP specific.

Texacon:

--- Quote from: rich_t on July 08, 2010, 04:18:45 PM ---Lools like a pretty good site.  But I'm running Vista and that site seems to be XP specific.

--- End quote ---

You may want to try Ccleaner .... just pay attention to what it's wanting to delete or fix.

KC

Texacon:

--- Quote from: Ballygrl on July 22, 2010, 06:50:33 PM ---I have a question.

My Aunt's Motherboard blew, I took it to a guy I always go to with my computers and he was going over some things with me.

He replaced the Motherboard, and he uninstalled a few programs I had installed, I installed WIN Patrol and Iobit's Advanced System Care. I'm going to pick up the computer tomorrow and I'm going to install Avast, I have it installed and I love it, but what can I use to search for Spyware? Spybot is mentioned here and for some reason it never found anything on my computer, is there another program to use? or should I just reinstall Iobit? and any opinions about WIN Patrol? Scotty the dog has prevented things from being installed in my Start-up programs so I really like it, but what are your opinions on it? Oh and about Avast, it's always running so if I picked up a virus would it let me know right away? or would it warn me if I went to a site that might have a virus?

Also a question about Malwarebytes, I have it installed on my computers, but everytime I run it it never finds anything, I find it hard to believe that there's nothing on my computer. And what's your opinion on CCleaner?

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

You can always try another spyware program just as a backup.  Since they don't run in the background (usually) you can run them individually to see what they find.  Most of them look at things differently.

Ccleaner .... I love it personally.

KC

Ballygrl:

--- Quote from: Texacon on July 22, 2010, 06:58:32 PM ---You can always try another spyware program just as a backup.  Since they don't run in the background (usually) you can run them individually to see what they find.  Most of them look at things differently.

Ccleaner .... I love it personally.

KC
--- End quote ---

OK, so I'll install CCleaner on her computer, and you think it's OK to put Iobit Advanced System care back on? and do you recommend running more than 1 spyware program?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version