Current Events > Breaking News

Jack Kevorkian Plans Run for Congress in Michigan

(1/3) > >>

bijou:

--- Quote ---PONTIAC, Mich. —  Assisted suicide advocate Jack Kevorkian is planning a run for Congress.

Kevorkian was released from prison last year and remains on parole. But the 79-year-old told The Oakland Press for an article published Wednesday that he plans to run for office as a candidate with no party affiliation.

"We need some honesty and sincerity instead of corrupt government in Washington," Kevorkian said.

--- End quote ---
His slogan will be: Death on two legs

Chris_:

--- Quote from: bijou on March 12, 2008, 12:37:32 PM ---
--- Quote ---PONTIAC, Mich. —  Assisted suicide advocate Jack Kevorkian is planning a run for Congress.

Kevorkian was released from prison last year and remains on parole. But the 79-year-old told The Oakland Press for an article published Wednesday that he plans to run for office as a candidate with no party affiliation.

"We need some honesty and sincerity instead of corrupt government in Washington," Kevorkian said.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Great song!

I think having an entire postmortem congress has a certain allure to it.

Chris_:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Every bill he sponsors will die in committee.   :-)

bijou:

--- Quote from: freedumb2003 on March 12, 2008, 12:53:57 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Great song!

--- End quote ---
An entire congress of corpses would be so much less meddlesome.  Instead of getting the dead to vote we should get the dead to stand for election.

Chris_:

--- Quote from: bijou on March 12, 2008, 01:03:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: freedumb2003 on March 12, 2008, 12:53:57 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Great song!

--- End quote ---
An entire congress of corpses would be so much less meddlesome.  Instead of getting the dead to vote we should get the dead to stand for election.

--- End quote ---

I think it has happened.  I think it should be a requirement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version