Author Topic: thin crust or thick crust?  (Read 3725 times)

Offline Lauri

thin crust or thick crust?
« on: January 08, 2008, 06:33:34 PM »
i am reading this book about a moonbat in Italy and she has prattled on about gooey, cheesy, thin crust pizza that is not crispy.. it may be close to four pages now that this has gone on.. 

so... now i gotta order a gooey pizza.. but the kids at Dominoes may not understand that particular order..

hmm..

so which is it?

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: thin crust or thick crust?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 06:36:50 PM »
Thin,but not gooey.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 06:41:07 PM »
Thin crust definitely. I like genuine Italian pizzas but I can't be doing with people being snobby about pizza.  Non Italian pizza is a different (but tasty) dish

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 06:43:13 PM »
I like it thin and crispy

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 06:48:34 PM »
New York Slice..the kind you can fold :-)

Offline Lauri

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 07:02:51 PM »

now *that's* what i'm talking about... yeah, a big, greasy slice you can fold.

i ordered 'double cheese' and have somewhat low expectations of what is coming..

*doorbell*

its here!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 07:04:27 PM »
Thin crust, with slices so big you could use them for signal flags.  Enormous slices with pepperoni and real crust.  Thin crust pizza so cheezy you can practically hear it complain about New Jersey.  

Dammit.  Now I'm hungry.  
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 07:06:52 PM »
Time to be the different one around here.  I love deep-dish pizzas, so yes, thick crust, please. :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 07:07:45 PM »
I ordered 'double cheese' and have somewhat low expectations of what is coming..
Dominoes' thin crust?  I was dissappointed, but I remember when we had real New York-style deli's here that served the real thing.  I think they've been replaced by a Hot Topic and a Sbarro's at the mall now.  :(

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 07:08:46 PM »

now *that's* what i'm talking about... yeah, a big, greasy slice you can fold.

i ordered 'double cheese' and have somewhat low expectations of what is coming..

*doorbell*

its here!

That a girl! :-)

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 07:08:57 PM »

:clap:

Although being sicilian, I can't help but love a good thick, foccacia style sicilian slice.

Now I am hungry for pizza... :-)

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 07:14:21 PM »
i am reading this book about a moonbat in Italy and she has prattled on about gooey, cheesy, thin crust pizza that is not crispy.. it may be close to four pages now that this has gone on.. 

so... now i gotta order a gooey pizza.. but the kids at Dominoes may not understand that particular order..

hmm..

so which is it?

Problem #1, you're ordering Dominoes.  I find that to be more like cardboard with tomato sauce.  Ick.  :)

It depends on the toppings.  I like thin and crispy and I like pan crust.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 07:17:27 PM »

:clap:

Although being sicilian, I can't help but love a good thick, foccacia style sicilian slice.

Now I am hungry for pizza... :-)

I don't mind the thick either if it's good, but NY Slice gets my #1.

I don't care for thin and crispy, but it's a staple here in Ohio along with the ginger laden 'chili' *barf*

Offline Lauri

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008, 07:29:44 PM »
yeah, Dominoes is just one of a handful that delivers that is decent..

BUT..

i ordered deep dish, double cheese and i have to say, i was pleasantly suprised. having never eaten actual pizza made by an Italian .. it was good.

now, the husband likes what he calls "the garbage pale" pizza with so much junk on it, it needs to be a double deep dish in order to support all the toppings.

in fact, that is his order.. Dominoes knows it as "garbage pale" ... to me it looks more like a beefy/meaty lasagna with all the layers ..

*blech*

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 07:33:47 PM »

BUT..

i ordered deep dish, double cheese and i have to say, i was pleasantly suprised. having never eaten actual pizza made by an Italian .. it was good.

now, the husband likes what he calls "the garbage pale" pizza with so much junk on it, it needs to be a double deep dish in order to support all the toppings.

in fact, that is his order.. Dominoes knows it as "garbage pale" ... to me it looks more like a beefy/meaty lasagna with all the layers ..

*blech*

I don't like a pizza with that much stuff on it.  I love a pizza with artichoke hearts on it. :)
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Lauri

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 07:36:01 PM »

BUT..

*blech*

I don't like a pizza with that much stuff on it.  I love a pizza with artichoke hearts on it. :)

never tried that before on pizza... i typically like garlic chicken or margharita pizza.. or barbeque chicken..

i remember when i was a kid that Taco Pizzas came out and my mom loved, loved, loved them... i cant do lettuce on pizza.. thats just gross.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 08:31:30 PM »
Dominoes is good on the second day after it's been reheated in the oven.   :cheersmate:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 08:38:08 PM »
Dominoes is good on the second day after it's been reheated in the oven.   :cheersmate:

yup.. the kiddo will be having it for lunch tomorrow at school..