Author Topic: What day is it? (Tuesday? Jan 8th)  (Read 6602 times)

Offline jtyangel

What day is it? (Tuesday? Jan 8th)
« on: January 08, 2008, 06:02:04 AM »
OH yeah, I'm even older then before today :bawl: :-)

ON a serious note though, please excuse my absence from the forum. I attend my bil's funeral and wake today and then I have some catching up to do on school and then I'll be back again. Meh, later in the week probably.  :-)

It is nearly 60 degrees this morning in central OH and thunderstorms are predicted! Nice little break from the cold weather and i'm loving it.

I didn't watch my Buckeyes choke last night. I was too tired after a day of driving back and forth and the viewings and went to bed when the game started. Sounds like it's nothing worth watching. :whatever:

TOTD: Besides discussing or debating on this forum, what is your favorite 'thinking activity'? Crosswords, word games, puzzles, reading, etc?

I have to say I love reading when I have the time and I also like games that involve hand/eye coordination.

Offline ToastedRachel

• Just Off Probation
Re: What day is it? (Tuesday? Jan 8th)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 06:05:18 AM »
Good Morning! Sorry about your bil. He must have been young, what happened?

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 06:13:08 AM »
Good Morning! Sorry about your bil. He must have been young, what happened?

He's middle aged...53..lots of health problems attributable to drinking, but what did him in was emphysema...he was a 3 pack a day guy who has had asthma since he was like 10 and been smoking nearly as long(he even told us the doctor's said his lungs were a mess--scarred badly). He was over here about a month ago and he was passing out-literally having passing out episodes when seated and his breathing would be horrible sounding. I knew it wasn't going to be that much longer and had a discussion with my other half about it then maybe hoping to prep him since he gets in denial mode. This is the first sibling out of 7 to pass however and the oldest brother to boot so it's been pretty traumatic for them. They asked me to read the poem at his eulogy today as none of them will be able to get through it without crying:-(

I wasn't particularly close to him, but he was a character. My recollection of him was when he was out with us in Arizona and we had a debate over religion and I had to ask him to leave. 2 hours later bounty hunters came to our door looking for him.  :o I was raised in a very reserved household so this naive little girl was like WTF did I sign up for with this family?  Suffice to say my other half is a lot more reserved then his siblings too. :lmao:

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 06:34:12 AM »

Happy Birthday Jetty!

Offline Flame

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 06:50:13 AM »
Happy Birthday, Jtty!

My day is lookig up...checked my e-mail and the parent meeting for dance company that was supposed to be tonight was cancelled! :cheerleader2:

My youngest has his first basketball practice tonight, too...should be fun.

Heading to the grocery store after I drop the youngest off at school.

Then I might find something to do to enjoy the beautiful weather we are still having!

totd: I love to read...I also like to so puzzles and word puzzles. 

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 08:18:41 AM »
Happy Birthday Jetty!!!!!!!  :bday: :bday: :bday:

Weather here is still warm, although it is overcast today. I'm not sure if it rained last night, but it looks like it did.

Taking the baby to Gymboree early this afternoon, and continuing on to do more things around the house.

Oh, I have as little to do with my ILs as possible. My MIL died a year and a half ago  :popcorn:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 09:05:44 AM »
Happy Birthday!!!!

I'm sorry about your BIL.

TOTD: reading. I devour books!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lauri

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 10:42:38 AM »
i'm a big reader... just started my first ever Book Club with some ladies in the neighborhood.

we had a New Year's Eve party at our house and somewhere in and amongst the alcohol, we decided a book club would be fun   :thatsright:

we're reading Eat Pray Love and about 60 pages in, I kid you not, the author says something about the 2004 elections 'being stolen by the Republicans' ... *sigh*

i'm trying to finish it but i'm really just going to hang out with the girls and enjoy happy hour..  :cheersmate:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 11:46:01 AM »
Happy Birthday jtyangel!  :-*

(I'm still having a hell of a time remembering this new screen name)

Took my daughter to the doctor this morning at 8:15.  Basically there isn't much wrong with her so I took her butt back to school.

I'm sitting here looking out my window and everyone's garbage is blowing down the street and landing in my yard.   :censored:  Today is garbage day (normally it is picked up by now) and it is windy as crap.  Some people don't secure their garbage very well and it is making me mad.  The way our house sets at the end of the street, everything blows into our yard and ends up in a little corner of our yard on the side of the house.  I have been out picking up everyone's crap about 8 times already.  It is pissing me off.   :banghead:

TOTD:  I don't think........Just kidding.  I read a lot.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 11:57:59 AM by BEG »

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 11:52:26 AM »
A beautiful, warm, day here.

TOTD: I like soduku. I like crossword, chess, and books.

:loser:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline morningAngel

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 11:53:29 AM »
up all night with sick kidlet.  now am doing numerous loads of laundry, clothing, bedding, rugs... fortunately her temp is down to the 100 range, but if I can't keep any food or liquids in her today, looks like a trip to the doctor for her today.  Actually since her doc is my best friend's S.O.  I might just call him and get a housecall so I don't have to drag sick puking kid out in the cold and snow...

I love to read!

Offline Taxman

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 01:07:49 PM »

Took my daughter to the doctor this morning at 8:15.  Basically there isn't much wrong with her so I took her butt back to school.

I'm sitting here looking out my window and everyone's garbage is blowing down the street and landing in my yard.   :censored:  Today is garbage day (normally it is picked up by now) and it is windy as crap.  Some people don't secure their garbage very well and it is making me mad.  The way our house sets at the end of the street, everything blows into our yard and ends up in a little corner of our yard on the side of the house.  I have been out picking up everyone's crap about 8 times already.  It is pissing me off.   :banghead:

Must be a Texas beautification project :bolt:

Offline Taxman

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 01:08:42 PM »
Happy 29th b-day JTY :bday:

Offline lastparker

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008, 01:20:10 PM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline morningAngel

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 01:32:48 PM »
BEG, I can sympathize with your garbage problem.  The little town I live in was actually built by the Kennecott mining corporation back when they owned this valley.  It sits at the edge of the mountains and the Top Management houses of course are nestled against the mountains and according to company rank your housing layout goes downward into the valley.  When the snow pack melts the water/garbage runs off the mountains sweeping the higher level yards clean and collecting as it goes downstream.  Fortunately my house is mid level management so most of it goes straight through to the poor buggers who bought houses at blue collar level.   :uhsure:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 02:40:39 PM »
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and BEG, you can still use tlc or whatever with me...I don't really care. I changed it to this because it actually was more suitable for me then the previous, quickly made up one.  :-)

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 02:41:22 PM »
Happy 29th b-day JTY :bday:

This is why you will NEVER be on my poopie list! :-) :-*

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 04:32:30 PM »
Tired.  Couldn't get to sleep last night and had to be up early for work.  I hate it when that happens.  Gotta force myself to do some laundry asap.   

TOTD:  I like reading if I can find something good.  I probably watch too much TV. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 05:17:27 PM »
Happy Birthday jtyangel

TOTD: I like to read and write.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 05:43:20 PM »
Tired.  Couldn't get to sleep last night and had to be up early for work.  I hate it when that happens.  Gotta force myself to do some laundry asap.   

TOTD:  I like reading if I can find something good.  I probably watch too much TV. 

Hi Chris...good to see you here!! woot!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 05:43:37 PM »
Happy Birthday jtyangel

TOTD: I like to read and write.

thx Katar

Offline Lauri

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 08:13:34 PM »

i thought your post said, 'gotta force myself to do some laundry sleep' .. as in, two things at once.

i was going to reply, 'please teach me that!'

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2008, 08:30:31 PM »
Holy crap, it. is. RAINING.  That front is about 100 miles wide and it's coming down hard.

I'm soaked.  I should have put on my waders.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2008, 08:50:19 PM »
Happy Birthday Jetty!!!!!!  :cheersmate:

Sorry, I am a bit...  :drunksailor: from an extended happy hour. 
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2008, 08:51:04 PM »
Happy Birthday Jetty!!!!!!  :cheersmate:

Sorry, I am a bit...  :drunksailor: from an extended happy hour. 

You so suck, going out with out me and all.