The Bar > The Lounge

my kiddo put herself to bed tonight..

(1/2) > >>

Lauri:
i have a sick 8 year old.. the barking cough, sneezing and runny nose type, but she still has a ton of energy sort of sickness. my college aged kiddo got food poisoning the night before she had a trip for work to go snow boarding with her co-workers in Colorado. i have no idea how she's dealing with it..

anyhow.. my 8 year old crawled into my bed tonight (dad is out of town at CES in Vegas) and she read for a little bit and while I was registering here, she turned out the lamp on the side table and went to sleep on her own, without the usual popping out of bed every few minutes to get a drink, ask to stay up, 'i'm not tired' schpeel..

at 7:30 pm. 

in the 8 years i've known her.. she has NEVER gone to bed without one of us tucking her in, and sitting there to chat for a while or read a story.

weird..

i feel like a milestone passed me by tonight and i missed it..  :thatsright:

Airwolf:
Hiya and welcome to the board.

You have to love it when those little milestones come and hate it when you miss them.

Lauri:

--- Quote from: Airwolf on January 07, 2008, 11:12:54 PM ---Hiya and welcome to the board.

You have to love it when those little milestones come and hate it when you miss them.

--- End quote ---

she just grew up a little and its been SO long in coming.. man, that kid has never gone to bed without a fight or at least a lot of stalling..

i was telling jeff about it on IM and he was sad he missed, but we both realized had he been here .. it never would have happened.. lol

:drunksailor:  <---what the heck is this?

ToastedRachel:
OMG. 8 years from now is 2016.  :drink:

DixieBelle:
Awww. that's sweet. But don't count your chickens before they hatch. Mine went through that same phase and now we're back to tucking in. I don't mind at all though. I just follow him into his room, chat about our day, give him a hug and kiss and then turn out the light for him. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version