Current Events > Breaking News

12-year-old charged with killing toddler with bat

<< < (3/3)

foxworthy:
Anger issues?   Using a bat on a baby?   This kid is seriously screwed up.    I  think by 12 you know way better than that, so this kid needs to be separated from the rest of us.

Also, what kind of parent did this kid have, that he was such a keg of dynamite?   And what kind of parent wouldn't notice there was some kind of problem going on here?   Let alone leave the two of them alone together?

Chris_:

--- Quote ---"He's afraid of the police.''
--- End quote ---
That should send up a red flag right there.  Why would a 12 yr old be afraid of the police?

foxworthy:

--- Quote from: bijou on January 06, 2008, 04:41:28 PM ---I suppose it depends on the child, a responsible 12 year old for a short period of time such as the adult going to a neighbours house briefly for example is one thing, but for an extended period of time, even some adults find that stressfull.  But to pick up a bat? If you know your child has that sort of a short fuse then it is just asking for trouble to leave them to babysit one, let alone two, younger children.

--- End quote ---
My boy when he was 12 was given lots of responsibility.  He did a better job than I did.  Depends on the kid.  I had very good reason for being able to trust mine.

I bet there was a lot of very good reasons not to trust this one, but she wanted to go out.

I would like to charge her with something too.

Celtic Rose:

--- Quote from: lug-nut on January 07, 2008, 07:50:25 AM ---
--- Quote ---"He's afraid of the police.''
--- End quote ---
That should send up a red flag right there.  Why would a 12 yr old be afraid of the police?

--- End quote ---

That sent up a red flag for me too.  A kid might have some healthy respect and be slightly intimidated by the police, but I don't think it is normal to be afraid of the police. 

LadyLiberty:

--- Quote from: foxworthy on January 07, 2008, 08:01:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: bijou on January 06, 2008, 04:41:28 PM ---I suppose it depends on the child, a responsible 12 year old for a short period of time such as the adult going to a neighbours house briefly for example is one thing, but for an extended period of time, even some adults find that stressfull.  But to pick up a bat? If you know your child has that sort of a short fuse then it is just asking for trouble to leave them to babysit one, let alone two, younger children.

--- End quote ---
My boy when he was 12 was given lots of responsibility.  He did a better job than I did.  Depends on the kid.  I had very good reason for being able to trust mine.

I bet there was a lot of very good reasons not to trust this one, but she wanted to go out.

I would like to charge her with something too.

--- End quote ---

I agree with you and your first post.

There's no way this parent didn't know that the 12 year old wasn't fit to be watching a 17 month old  :mental:, and you're right, this kid needs to be seperated from the rest of us.

This mother needs to be held accountable as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version