Current Events > The DUmpster

What-an-Arbitration! Texas burger shop puts arbitration clause in burgers.

(1/2) > >>

CactusCarlos:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2799692

--- Quote ---What-an-Arbitration! Texas burger shop puts arbitration clause in burgers.
Posted by johncoby2 on Thu Jan-31-08 04:40 PM

You can have a binding arbitration clause in your new home contract, your new car purchase, your insurance policy, your TV cable, your phone, and your credit cards, but no place but Texas would a Whataburger owner put up an arbitration clause in his window.

http://bayareahouston.blogspot.com /

What's in your burger?
--- End quote ---

From the blog..

--- Quote ---You can have a binding arbitration clause in your new home contract, your new car purchase, your insurance policy, your TV cable, your phone, and your credit cards, but no place but Texas would a Whataburger owner put up an arbitration clause in his window. According to Mother Jones:

Every public entrance to the burger franchise displays a sign informing people that simply setting foot on the premises means that they are giving up their right to sue the company for any reason, even if, for instance, they get a little e coli along with their fries. Instead, customers will be forced to arbitrate their claims before the American Mediation Association, an organization that seems to consist of three lawyers in Dallas hired by the Whataburger (part of a 58-year-old fast food chain deemed a “Texas treasure” by the state legislature).

Well, what's in YOUR burger?
--- End quote ---

Here's a thought:  how about you just don't go into a Whataburger?  Here, I'll detail the steps for you:

1) You're walking.
2) You see a Whataburger.
3) You keep walking past the Whataburger.

Any questions?  :whatever:

Chris_:
That is a great idea.

Sorry, but the wins against Big Tobacco have emboldened the ambulance chasers to go after Big Food.

And attempts to prevent them in Congress have been defeated by the Left.

DixieBelle:
I love Whataburger. Wish they had one here.

Odin's Hand:

--- Quote ---Dont_Bogart_the_Pretzel  (966 posts)      Thu Jan-31-08 05:13 PM
Response to Original message
4. I like ( use to ) Whataburger
 I still went there when they put that "One Nation under god" poster on their doors, and ignored it,

Now this!?

--- End quote ---

Impotent rage? Check...

DumbAss Tanker:

--- Quote from: DixieBelle on January 31, 2008, 04:02:05 PM ---I love Whataburger. Wish they had one here.

--- End quote ---

Oh Hell yeah!

:-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version