Author Topic: Saturday Insanity  (Read 6135 times)

Offline jendf

Saturday Insanity
« on: January 05, 2008, 10:07:00 AM »
Good morning, everyone.

I tried to make my own maple and brown sugar oatmeal this morning. It was okay for my first try. I will definitely have to play around with the amount of sugar and syrup I put in because it wasn't very flavorful.

In a bit, I'm heading over to my folks' house to use their washing machine because mine is still broke and maintenance hasn't even been out to look at it yet.  :banghead:

TOTD: How are you doing on those New Year's resolutions?

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: Saturday Insanity
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 10:17:19 AM »
Tearing down the Christmas decorations today.

TOTD: I resolved not to make any! ;)
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 10:26:26 AM »
I am also taking down the Christmas decorations today, but I gotta clean out my basement first. Lot of junk down there that needs to be dealt with. Also, giving some coats and old clothes to Goodwill, maybe renting another movie to watch after today's playoff games, and... well, that's about it.

TOTD: Well, I picked up my free weights again a couple times this week, but tried putting down the cigs a couple times this week.... nothing doing.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Flame

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 10:32:04 AM »
I have cracked the whip over the boys this morning..the 12 yr old is cleaning the kitchen, the 7 yr old is cleaning the bathroom.

Mr Flame is in the garage working on his car (fuel leak).

I'm hiding in the bedroom, surfing, and watching ANTM marathon.  I'm so ashamed!  :loser:

TOTD: I didn't make any resolutions, so I guess I'm doing ok!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 12:10:52 PM »
TOTD:Still on the wagon.

Offline guest

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 12:55:32 PM »

TOTD: I resolved not to make any! ;)

Same here! :p

Today, I'm just finishing up laundry and getting last-minute items together for the journey to Savannah.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 01:00:09 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 01:10:16 PM »
 :rotf: Flame and Carl.

I had my son do his weekly chores which consist of cleaning his own room (he has to pick it up, dust it, and change his sheets), and he cleans his own bathroom...both have to pass my inspection  :evillaugh:

Then I played with both of them. I was going to take the baby to her Gymboree play class, but she's got a stuffy nose, and I'm not feeling too hot myself (feeling achy). Then I was going to take both of them out, but instead we're just hanging out watching the Beverly Hillbillies  :rocker2:

TOTD: it's all been shot to hell already  :bird:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Sonnabend

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 01:33:05 PM »
We took the cards and decorations down yesterday...my other half says its a Scots tradition to leave them till a certain dated. I am SO glad Christmas is over..dopnt get me wrong I love the season...but what a bloody headache. :banghead:

Traffic, shopping....ugh.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 01:45:59 PM »
My family let me sleep in till 11:30 this morning!!!  :tongue:

Drinking coffee and dinking around on the internets.

I have to go to a job related Holiday party with my wife tonight.  :jerkit:

I HATE parties like that.  With the burning intensity of a thousand white hot suns.

They are all Pathologists and my wife is a freak of nature in that she is bubbly and outgoing.

Normally you can tell an extroverted Pathologist by the fact that they stare at YOUR shoes when they talk to you.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 02:25:01 PM »
REturned a bit ago from the movie with my daughter and her friend. Miserable looking skies outside...I can feel the sinus headache coming on already.
I'm looking out at the yard and aware of all that needs to be done and knowing now that we've passed the holidays, the work is a mere 3 months or so away from being started. My classes look to be a pia this semester, but not too much more of this.
My bil died and I will be attending his funeral on my birthday...now there's a way to celebrate :banghead: but I wouldn't say that to family of course.  Just how things happened.

TOTD: I too did not make resolutions.

Offline Flame

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 02:27:18 PM »

Normally you can tell an extroverted Pathologist by the fact that they stare at YOUR shoes when they talk to you.

:rotf: :rotf:

Offline Flame

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 02:28:37 PM »
REturned a bit ago from the movie with my daughter and her friend. Miserable looking skies outside...I can feel the sinus headache coming on already.
I'm looking out at the yard and aware of all that needs to be done and knowing now that we've passed the holidays, the work is a mere 3 months or so away from being started. My classes look to be a pia this semester, but not too much more of this.
My bil died and I will be attending his funeral on my birthday...now there's a way to celebrate :banghead: but I wouldn't say that to family of course.  Just how things happened.

Sorry to hear about your BIL.  And not a fun thing to do on your birthday.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 02:29:45 PM »

Sorry to hear about your BIL.  And not a fun thing to do on your birthday.

No, but there will be other days. Thanks. WE weren't particularly close, but it's sad to watch his family in pain like they are.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 02:31:08 PM »

Oh wow, I'm sorry jty.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 02:32:30 PM »
 :yeahthat: on the upcoming yard work. My husband is about to go out now and finish getting up what's left of the leaves. We've got 4 HUGE oak trees that I hate. He says they add value to the property...I say they cost us money and make a big mess. He's the one that has to deal with the mess that they make, and when he does, I like to say, "How about those trees that are adding value to our property?"  :-)

We've got crepe myrtles that will need pruning, along with 34 rose bushes that will need to be cut back as well  :whatever:

After that comes some spring planting and mulching sometime around mid March. I always strive to have it all done by Easter.  
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 02:34:07 PM »

Oh wow, I'm sorry jty.

Thx sweetie..I'll pass the condolences along.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 02:36:53 PM »
:yeahthat: on the upcoming yard work. My husband is about to go out now and finish getting up what's left of the leaves. We've got 4 HUGE oak trees that I hate. He says they add value to the property...I say they cost us money and make a big mess. He's the one that has to deal with the mess that they make, and when he does, I like to say, "How about those trees that are adding value to our property?"  :-)

We've got crepe myrtles that will need pruning, along with 34 rose bushes that will need to be cut back as well  :whatever:

After that comes some spring planting and mulching sometime around mid March. I always strive to have it all done by Easter. 

That is bad, but it will be uglier here. We have noticed the basement walls are bulging so we need to not only replace the gutters, but the drain that leads to the street and regrade the land on those sides right next to the house. Then plant grass where all this fun stuff screws over the lawn, prune trees galore, and do some planting. Oh and we will be dismantling the swing set and the trampoline in the spring as they are really worn at this point. We'll be replacing the swing, but as my kids are getting older and draggin friends with them to the house, I just don't want the liability of the trampoline.

Ok, I'm done rambling...I need coffee or something hot..me cold.

Offline jendf

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 03:18:12 PM »

Sorry to hear that.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 04:00:48 PM »
I slept in late.  I'm still trying to get used to going to work in the morning, and it's been killer trying to reset my sleeping clock.

I just have some little chores to do this weekend, but I woke up sneezing and my nose is all stuffed up.  Overall, not feeling too hot.

My goal for this weekend was to learn to use the lawnmower my dad gave me and mow the lawn. 

TOTD:  I didn't make any resolutions.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 04:05:03 PM »

Sorry to hear that.

Thanks Jen..I'm passing condolences on to my husband. We are heading over to his mom's house in a bit..all his family is there and we are charged with putting together the disk of pics with the music and are delivering it in a bit. I haven't seen any of the other siblings yet and expect it will be emotional. This was the oldest brother, second oldest child of 7. We was in ill health, but still home and taking care of himself. He was only 52.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2008, 04:17:21 PM »
Yikes, Jetty, the problem with your basement is a major problem. Sorry to hear about that.

Also sorry to hear about your BIL's death and your birthday. You be sure to make that up as best you can.

Barack Obama

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2008, 04:40:26 PM »

, So sorry to read this!  Condolences.  :(

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2008, 07:30:45 AM »
Good morning, everyone.

I tried to make my own maple and brown sugar oatmeal this morning. It was okay for my first try. I will definitely have to play around with the amount of sugar and syrup I put in because it wasn't very flavorful.

In a bit, I'm heading over to my folks' house to use their washing machine because mine is still broke and maintenance hasn't even been out to look at it yet.  :banghead:

TOTD: How are you doing on those New Year's resolutions?

Try a very small pinch of salt or a little salted butter this will bring out the flavour and you can cut back onsyrup/sugar