Author Topic: Illinois vs. Penn State  (Read 1603 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Illinois vs. Penn State
« on: September 24, 2008, 08:37:37 PM »
This Saturday, I'll be in Happy Valley to watch the Illinois vs. Penn State football match-up.  Never seen a game there, it's a white-out game, and it should be loud and lots of fun.

If you were standing on the 50 yard line facing the Penn State side, my seats are on the right around the 25 yard line and 5 rows up.  I'll wave at you when the camera is facing my way so look for me.  :)

Here's hoping for a good game!!

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: Illinois vs. Penn State
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 09:47:41 PM »
There will be 2 better games on at roughly the same time in Alabama vs. Georgia and TCU vs. OU, but, enjoy anyway.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 07:42:41 AM »
There will be 2 better games on at roughly the same time in Alabama vs. Georgia and TCU vs. OU, but, enjoy anyway.

I almost went to the Bama/UGA game instead, but I've been to Sanford Stadium several times already so I wanted a change of pace.  May have to take a small TV into the stadium to watch a little of that during the TV timeouts.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 12:16:31 PM »
Great atmosphere to see a game and glad I went.  It was pretty close up until around 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter.  The fans there are friendly and they get pretty loud, not as loud as they do at TAMU, but about like they do at Tennessee and LSU.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 03:11:40 PM »
How was the tailgate environment? That is, if you happened to partake.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 03:17:54 PM by Odin's Hand »
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 09:47:47 AM »
It was going on around where I parked.  Lots of people cooking out and having a good time.  Like I said, the people were friendly and enjoying the time before the game.

On the West side of the stadium, there's several really big intramural fields they use for parking.  I'd say each field could hold 2,000 cars and there were at least 12 fields that I counted (The game attendance was approx. 109,600).  Problem is the fields are one behind the other with only one road leading in and out, and we were told that if we waited until the game let out it would take around 90 minutes to even start moving from where we were.  Seeing as we had to drive back to Pittsburgh (2.5 hour drive), and the game wasn't going to end until 11:30pm at best, we left around 11:00pm (5 minutes left in the game) and got on the road to beat the traffic.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 10:02:19 AM by USA4ME »