Current Events > Breaking News

Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights

<< < (5/5)

Drafe Hoblin:
For the leak: think Yale Law...

They're the ones who love being in the news lately.  The chalk 'WE ARE THE LAW' graffiti, the crybaby-tantrum about guest lecturers who'd recently argued before The Supreme Court... 

No harm in bashing Yale when the mood seems right.  -They gonna do something about it?

Eupher:

--- Quote from: Ken8521 on May 03, 2022, 09:38:20 PM ---So your only argument is, "I don't like it so stop"... and then hurl insults?

Sounds like given your fragility you would probably fit in on DU better than here.

--- End quote ---

:rotf:

You're not listening. I've already presented my argument. Go wade in the cesspool in the assigned area - that's what it's there for. If you're too stupid to understand that, that clearly explains why you like to wade in the cesspool in the first place.

:loser:

SVPete:

--- Quote from: Drafe Hoblin on May 03, 2022, 09:49:01 PM ---For the leak: think Yale Law...

They're the ones who love being in the news lately.  The chalk 'WE ARE THE LAW' graffiti, the crybaby-tantrum about guest lecturers who'd recently argued before The Supreme Court... 

No harm in bashing Yale when the mood seems right.  -They gonna do something about it?

--- End quote ---

The identity and motive of the leaker are subjects for a lot of speculation. Personally, I see no "reason" a Pro-Life clerk/staffer would leak the draft. OTOH, I think a Pro-Abortion clerk/staffer could be foolish enough to think Pro-Aborts' current fauxrage might influence the final decision, and I think there may be one or more Pro-Abortion clerks/staffers who would welcome riots against the justices who dared vote to overturn the sacred Roe decision.

A significant number of clerks come from Ivy League law schools, and the recent paroxysms of anti-free-speech hatred in those Ivy League law schools evidence an utter hatred for the USC and its amendments. Such students, if employed as clerks, would not be above leaking to foment riots.

Drafe Hoblin:
Sux not being able to confirm who the leaker might be. 

Yale connection... Sequoia Capital connection (Hunter Biden)... was cited by the Politico writer in a hitpiece against Kavanaugh from two years ago.

Eupher:
Speculation and analysis about the leaker aside, one observation about all this is, this is one potential issue that could galvanize Dems for the upcoming election.

Never discount the Repubs' ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Despite the inflation, energy dependence, completely failed foreign policy, and the weakness displayed by SharterJoe, there are still lots and lots of people convinced that this decision (which isn't) ends the world as we know it. They are stupid and completely unable to distinguish what this means -- that the abortion question is a states' issue, per the 10th Amendment.

Those justices who decided Roe v. Wade in 1973 - Blackmun, Stewart, Douglas, Chief Justice Burger, Brennan, Marshall, and Powell (White and Rehnquist the only dissenters) predicated their decision on the Due Process clause of the 14th Amendment.

Ridiculous in the extreme, but it took 50 years to right that wrong - assuming Alito's draft remains unchanged.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version