Current Events > Politics

Jen Psaki Keeps Repeating Lie That Trump Told People to ‘Inject Bleach'

(1/3) > >>

SVPete:
Jen Psaki Keeps Repeating Lie That Trump Told People to ‘Inject Bleach'

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2021/12/01/jen-psaki-keeps-repeating-lie-that-trump-told-people-to-inject-bleach-n1538107

--- Quote ---As of Wednesday, 366.470 Americans have died from COVID under Joe Biden. By the standard he set, Joe Biden shouldn’t be president anymore. He said he’d shut down the virus, but he failed. He said he had a plan to defeat COVID… well, that failed too. It’s still here.

During the White House press briefing on Wednesday, Fox News’ Peter Doocy challenged Psaki about the standard Biden set, and true to form, Psaki avoided answering the question.

“I think the fundamental question here is ‘What are you doing to save lives and protect people?'” Psaki said. “And the former president was suggesting people inject bleach, he apparently—reportedly didn’t even share with people he was going to interact with that he had tested positive for COVID himself…” yada, yada, yada. She then touted Biden’s alleged accomplishments in the fight against COVID.
--- End quote ---

Working from memory, this supposedly happen at a press conference on April 23, 2020. What actually happened was that the context was disinfecting surfaces, and it was a reporter who used the word "bleach". Trump never uttered the word "bleach".

SVPete:
Ah yes, from a post in a previous DUmp thread:

April 23rd press conference transcript, https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-coronavirus-press-conference-transcript-april-23

29:46 - Trump talked about light as a disinfectant, a reference to a product developed by Cedars Sinai Hospital that was about to go into production.

34:05 - A reporter, not Trump, mentioned bleach for the first time in the conference; Trump made clear that the discussion was not about bleach injections but about bleach as a surface disinfectant

FlaGator:
I imagine that with all the lies she has to juggle it gets hard keeping up with which ones have been debunked and which ones are waiting to be debunked.

Eupher:
I get a chuckle out of Dan Bongino's nickname for Little Red Lying Hood -- he calls her Peppermint Patty. You know, the redhead who lies to Charlie Brown over and over and over again about the football.

The problem is, Charlie Brown is all grown up now and votes.  :rotf:

enslaved1:

--- Quote from: Eupher on December 02, 2021, 06:41:48 AM ---I get a chuckle out of Dan Bongino's nickname for Little Red Lying Hood -- he calls her Peppermint Patty. You know, the redhead who lies to Charlie Brown over and over and over again about the football.

The problem is, Charlie Brown is all grown up now and votes.  :rotf:

--- End quote ---

Lucy was the one that pulls the football.  Peppermint Patty is the tomboy that talks over everyone and never listens to what other people say.  Bongino isn't on at a time I get to hear him very often, but I think the Peppermint Patty reference is Psaki's red hair and disconnect from reality. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version