Current Events > Breaking News

Three students dead in school shooting in north Detroit, eight others injured

(1/3) > >>

Ptarmigan:
Three students dead in school shooting in north Detroit, eight others injured
https://justthenews.com/nation/crime/school-shooting-north-detroit-leaves-least-4-6-injured-ems-swat-scene

--- Quote ---Three students were killed Tuesday in a shooting at Oxford High School in Oakland, Detroit. A suspected teen shooter has been taken into custody, and officials have recovered a handgun. Several others also have been injured in the attack, according to authorities.

Oakland County Undersheriff Michael McCabe said in addition to the three deceased, eight people were shot, including a teacher. He estimated that 15 to 20 shots were fired in total. Officers conducted a third search of the high school to ensure there were no other victims.

The students who lost their lives have been identified as 14 and 17-year-old girls, in addition to a 16-year-old boy.

Police received more than 100 calls about the shooting, and according to McCabe, the suspect was arrested within 5 minutes of the initial 911 call.

The alleged shooter is a 15-year-old sophomore at the high school. He did not resist arrest, but McCabe said, "He wants an attorney. He's not telling us anything at this point in time."
--- End quote ---

A school shooting in Oxford High School in Oxford. Three students have died and killer is arrested. He is 15 years old.

thundley4:
Is it time to rethink the effect that violent movies, video games and music has on young people?

Mr Mannn:
Dem agenda: go lax on crime. let theft arson and murder skyrocket. say guns are bad so people give up guns. say, cops are unable to stop the crime (that we encouraged), replace COPS WITH A NATIONAL POLICE

enslaved1:
Is it just me, or is this being ignored?  Yesterday was busy, but the first I saw of the story was reference on Twitter at 8:30-9:00 in the evening.  Even this morning, there seems to be little coverage.  I can hazard a few guesses as to why, but wanted to see if I'm just looking in the wrong places. 

Ralph Wiggum:

--- Quote from: enslaved1 on December 01, 2021, 08:05:37 AM ---Is it just me, or is this being ignored?  Yesterday was busy, but the first I saw of the story was reference on Twitter at 8:30-9:00 in the evening.  Even this morning, there seems to be little coverage.  I can hazard a few guesses as to why, but wanted to see if I'm just looking in the wrong places.

--- End quote ---

Haven't heard much either, but admittedly not paying that close of attention.  Meanwhile, most of the media likely are still obsessed with January 6th and this Roe v. Wade case today.

The Michigan shooter story moves to the back burner when there are more significant (to the media) stories to cover.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version