The Bar > The Lounge

Happy Thanksgiving CC ...

<< < (3/4) > >>

ABC-2:

--- Quote from: Rick on November 25, 2021, 10:39:19 PM ---Happy Thanksgiving ABC,and CC

--- End quote ---

Thank you Rick!  ...  :blowkiss:

I remember you well, from CU in the old days when you used to post pics of the Rose Bowl Parade.

I loved them! 

ABC-2:

--- Quote from: franksolich on November 25, 2021, 03:45:14 PM ---Les sanglots longs

Des violons

De l'automne

--- End quote ---

Autumn Song
English Translation © Richard Stokes

With long sobs
The violins
Of autumn
Wound my heart
With languorous
Monotony.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't really know what to say ...

Other than, I also found out what a few lines of the poem were used for in WW2.

Rick:

--- Quote from: ABC-2 on November 25, 2021, 11:36:49 PM ---Thank you Rick!  ...  :blowkiss:

I remember you well, from CU in the old days when you used to post pics of the Rose Bowl Parade.

I loved them!

--- End quote ---

Yep some good day's, Unfortunately not working the parade any more.

DLR Pyro:

--- Quote from: Rick on November 26, 2021, 09:42:33 AM ---Yep some good day's, Unfortunately not working the parade any more.

--- End quote ---
I grew up in Pasadena a mere mile from the Rose Parade route and spent several new years eves partying on the parade route and watching the parade the next morning.  I remember it was always freezing cold but with clear and sunny skies when the parade kicked off.

When the tradition of the USAF B-2 bomber flying over the parade route just prior to the parade began several years back, my mom has been convinced that the pilots are using the telephone pole in her back yard as their reference point for where they change course after they are done with their fly by.  I just smile and tell her, "maybe they are"...

Eupher:

--- Quote from: ABC-2 on November 25, 2021, 11:26:35 PM ---Ha! Ha! 

You are so-so bad!!!   :rotf:

--- End quote ---

My stepson and his girlfriend showed up with her two TODDLERS.

OMG. It's gonna take me the rest of today and tomorrow to recover. Mrs. E was even flummoxed, and she lives for this stuff.  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version