Interests > Around the House & In the Garage

The muscle car goes electric:Dodge sets 2024 end date for gas Chargers/Challenge

(1/3) > >>

DLR Pyro:
sad day for gearheads.

Dodge resurrected the muscle car with the introduction of the 717 horsepower Hellcat Challenger and Charger in 2015 and upped the ante with the 840 horsepower Demon variant of the 2 models in 2018.

Soon that roar will be replaced with the whine of an electric motor


--- Quote ---The muscle car goes electric: Dodge sets 2024 end date for gas Chargers/Challengers
--- End quote ---
https://electrek.co/2021/11/22/the-muscle-car-goes-electric-dodge-sets-2024-end-date-for-gas-chargers-challengers/

I get it.  A well designed electric car can be faster than most gas powered vehicles but I can't imagine watching a live drag race without the need for earplugs or watching the crew thrash to rebuild a motor in 45 minutes between rounds....

thundley4:

--- Quote from: DLR Pyro on November 24, 2021, 04:18:27 PM ---sad day for gearheads.

Dodge resurrected the muscle car with the introduction of the 717 horsepower Hellcat Challenger and Charger in 2015 and upped the ante with the 840 horsepower Demon variant of the 2 models in 2018.

Soon that roar will be replaced with the whine of an electric motor
https://electrek.co/2021/11/22/the-muscle-car-goes-electric-dodge-sets-2024-end-date-for-gas-chargers-challengers/

I get it.  A well designed electric car can be faster than most gas powered vehicles but I can't imagine watching a live drag race without the need for earplugs or watching the crew thrash to rebuild a motor in 45 minutes between rounds....

--- End quote ---

I keep hoping to see one of these electric car motors come through the shop I work at. I saw one from an EV 1 10-12 years, but a lot has changed since then.

DLR Pyro:

--- Quote from: thundley4 on November 24, 2021, 05:07:29 PM ---I keep hoping to see one of these electric car motors come through the shop I work at. I saw one from an EV 1 10-12 years, but a lot has changed since then.

--- End quote ---
my daughter bought a Tesla model 3 a few months ago and I hate to admit it, but it is very quick and fun to drive.  She's not a tree hugger but wanted to cut her fuel costs and the hospital where she works as a nurse offers free charging during her 12 hour shift she is really saving money rather than transferring her driving cost from paying at the pump to paying the electric utility company.

She and my wife are bugging me to get on the waiting list for the F-150 Lightening electric truck and sell my V-8 powered F-150 but I'm not ready for that just yet.

thundley4:

--- Quote from: DLR Pyro on November 24, 2021, 05:55:57 PM ---my daughter bought a Tesla model 3 a few months ago and I hate to admit it, but it is very quick and fun to drive.  She's not a tree hugger but wanted to cut her fuel costs and the hospital where she works as a nurse offers free charging during her 12 hour shift she is really saving money rather than transferring her driving cost from paying at the pump to paying the electric utility company.

She and my wife are bugging me to get on the waiting list for the F-150 Lightening electric truck and sell my V-8 powered F-150 but I'm not ready for that just yet.

--- End quote ---

I have no desire to own an electric vehicle. I just want to see the insides of one of the motors. I work on electric motors, AC/DC/and single phase. Everything from ones as small as a coke can to ones that you can stand inside of.

Zathras:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you want me to switch from my ICE powered vehicle to an electric you have to provide me with a vehicle with the following:

1: It's cost is no more than what I paid for my 2015 Corolla.
2: It has the same range (400 miles) as my 2015 Corolla.
3: Gets a full charge on its batteries in the same amount of time as it takes me to fully fuel my 2015 Corolla.

Till then I'll stick with the proven technology of the Internal Combustion Engine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version