The Bar > The Lounge

Mercy! Well Stocked For Turkeys ...

(1/3) > >>

ABC-2:
If anyone is having difficulty purchasing them in your area of the country ...   

Mr. ABC, being the man of the house, (who loves to eat)   went out himself and bought 2 of them just in case we, also should have problems as well.

One for Thanksgiving & one for Christmas.  There are only two of us in this household  for crying out loud  :argh:   as  son & family are not coming to visit this year ...

So ... am willing to send anyone a goodly portion of any left overs (and there will be some, believe me) even after sandwitches the next day, plus freezing some for a pot pie for the two of us later!   :rotf:

~ ABC

Eupher:
Wow, what a gracious offer! H5

Mrs E and I are also well stocked. I bought a 12.5 lb. turkey, but we're not going to use it this year. Instead, we are going to first brine a bone-in turkey breast and roast it on top of what promises to be a killer dressing.

Ciabatta bread, Italian sausage, mirepoix, fresh sage and thyme, along with home-made chicken stock (I make it every week at minimum) - no eggs.

We may donate the whole turkey to a food pantry.

DLR Pyro:
We're doing it different this year.  I bought an 11 pound prime rib at Ralphs and will be slow roasting it to bloody rare goodness

ABC-2:

--- Quote from: DLR Pyro on November 20, 2021, 04:25:16 PM ---We're doing it different this year.  I bought an 11 pound prime rib at Ralphs and will be slow roasting it to bloody rare goodness

--- End quote ---

Wow!  Prime Rib!!!  My favorite!   :yahoo:

And especially  done to a "bloody rare goodness"  ...

What time should I arrive, with a bottle of our finest Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon in hand for a gift to the host & hostess?  :rotf:

ABC-2:

--- Quote from: Eupher on November 20, 2021, 01:55:41 PM ---Wow, what a gracious offer! H5

Mrs E and I are also well stocked. I bought a 12.5 lb. turkey, but we're not going to use it this year. Instead, we are going to first brine a bone-in turkey breast and roast it on top of what promises to be a killer dressing.

Ciabatta bread, Italian sausage, mirepoix, fresh sage and thyme, along with home-made chicken stock (I make it every week at minimum) - no eggs.

We may donate the whole turkey to a food pantry.

--- End quote ---

Sounds delicious!  One question ...

What is "mirepoix" ?  And is it a legal substance in the US?   Ha! Ha!  :rotf:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version