Inventory

<< < (2/3) > >>

old dog 2:
Got to take care of the pets.

fatboy:
"a case of spam"

I have one of those also!

fatboy:

--- Quote from: old dog 2 on November 07, 2021, 01:51:09 AM ---canned: vegetable soup, beets, corn, carrots, green beans.  I don't like canned corn and carrots but you need a little diversity.  The right spices can make almost anything taste good.

freeze dried: cauliflower rice.  It's actually as good or better than real rice.

meat: canned sardines, tuna, salmon.

--- End quote ---

We are heavy on canned vegetables and soups. To add bulk to our supply we pick up veg cans at wally world. I need to look into freezed dried supplies, I'm kind of new to this and prone to making mistakes.

Mr Mannn:

--- Quote from: fatboy on November 12, 2021, 09:34:55 AM ---We are heavy on canned vegetables and soups. To add bulk to our supply we pick up veg cans at wally world. I need to look into freezed dried supplies, I'm kind of new to this and prone to making mistakes.

--- End quote ---
just a warning, Freeze Dried is almost twice as expensive as it was a month ago.

fatboy:
It has been now I think the last 6 weeks that on Monday evenings I head over to walmart and buy just prepper things. Between walmart and Aldi those are local and easy to get to. I have memberships with Sams Club and Costco but they are inconvenient.

Aldi is a good choice for canned meats, tuna, pasta sauce and condiments. Walmart is good for canned fruits and veg. A great medium term storage item are the Knorr rice and pasta sides which costs $1.00 ea.

I'm looking into dry canning rice I want to have about 200 pounds in the bunker. Every time I hit a warehouse goal I up the ante.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version