Current Events > Economics

Shipping-Containers

<< < (3/5) > >>

thundley4:

--- Quote from: DefiantSix on October 20, 2021, 05:33:22 PM ---

So, relatively plush and roomy accomodations for your average submariner, then? (I kid.  :naughty: )

--- End quote ---

:lol:

Zathras:

--- Quote from: Eupher on October 20, 2021, 06:41:10 AM ---Looks like the perfect solution for the homeless in LA. Camp out in shipping containers.  :whatever:

--- End quote ---
There are companies out there that will use shipping containers to design houses.

DLR Pyro:
Interesting perspective on the shipping backlog by an engineer on a merchant ship.
https://youtu.be/9K7QckIfEZA

Eupher:

--- Quote from: Zathras on October 20, 2021, 08:49:01 PM ---There are companies out there that will use shipping containers to design houses.

--- End quote ---

Doesn't surprise me at all. Since the cost of a home, even a modest house, has become stupidly expensive in Commiefornia, kinda makes shipping containers and cardboard boxes viable options.

DLR Pyro:

--- Quote from: Eupher on October 21, 2021, 05:16:30 AM ---Doesn't surprise me at all. Since the cost of a home, even a modest house, has become stupidly expensive in Commiefornia, kinda makes shipping containers and cardboard boxes viable options.

--- End quote ---

At Disneyland the fireworks launch control bunker is a converted shipping container with a reinforced roof and 1 1/2" thick reinforced picture window that overlooks the launch site to keep the operator safe during a show.  During my time there I had a few shells land nearby the bunker or bounce off the roof with no damage to the container other than a little scorched paint.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version