The Help Desk > Computer Related Discussions & Questions

Issues with wireless keyboard and mouse

(1/2) > >>

Ralph Wiggum:
Have never had this for my home computer, but bought the combo for relatively cheap.  When I fired it up this morning, my wireless internet is completely haywire and won't even connect.

Does anyone know if that's a common problem or a defective product?

Eupher:
I've never had a problem, even with laptops, WiFi, and wireless mice. I've always used LogiTech wireless mice and keyboards (which I use on my tower machine), if that makes a difference.

freedumb2003b:
Confused.

Wireless KB/Mouses are RF or Bluetooth.  I have never heard of them being Internet driven.

Is your Internet broke or is it just the KB/M?  If just the KB/M then yes they went south.  Cheap ones usually last about a year or 2.  I also usually stick with Logitech as they have incredible life for a pretty modest price.  I have a bunch of LT mice that use the Unifying software (so I swap them wherever is convenient - great when traveling) that have lasted 10+ years (505s/515s).

thundley4:

--- Quote from: freedumb2003b on October 16, 2021, 04:03:00 PM ---Confused.

Wireless KB/Mouses are RF or Bluetooth.  I have never heard of them being Internet driven.

Is your Internet broke or is it just the KB/M?  If just the KB/M then yes they went south.  Cheap ones usually last about a year or 2.  I also usually stick with Logitech as they have incredible life for a pretty modest price.  I have a bunch of LT mice that use the Unifying software (so I swap them wherever is convenient - great when traveling) that have lasted 10+ years (505s/515s).

--- End quote ---

I think he means that when he plugged the keyboard in, he lost his wifi signal.

Ralph Wiggum:

--- Quote from: thundley4 on October 16, 2021, 07:42:49 PM ---I think he means that when he plugged the keyboard in, he lost his wifi signal.

--- End quote ---

Bingo, that's precisely it.  Just got home after running a show tonight, and plugged the USB connection in and bang, the internet goes down.

Sorry folks, been a long day and the last thing I wanted to do was dwell on this tech issue.

I'll figure this out tomorrow when I have nothing important to do.

:cheersmate:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version