The Bar > Sports

The Cleveland Guardians? The team settled for safe and boring

<< < (2/6) > >>

Ralph Wiggum:

--- Quote from: DLR Pyro on July 23, 2021, 05:09:58 PM ---Yeah, no shit.

Problem is many DUmmies believe that

--- End quote ---

Banning and burning words and language doesn't solve anything, it only makes sanctimonious guilty white liberals feel better.

For two reasons: one comical and one historical, if the Tribe were going to change their name it should have been the Cleveland Steamers.

Reason #1: Steamships were the cornerstone of industry in Cleveland along Lake Erie (before it kept burning)

Reason #2: Cleveland Steamer is bizarre sexual slang.

Noun. Cleveland steamer (plural Cleveland steamers) (slang) A sexual act involving defecating on someone's chest, then sitting in it and rolling back and forth like a steamroller.

DLR Pyro:

--- Quote from: Ralph Wiggum on July 23, 2021, 06:42:17 PM ---
Reason #2: Cleveland Steamer is bizarre sexual slang.

Noun. Cleveland steamer (plural Cleveland steamers) (slang) A sexual act involving defecating on someone's chest, then sitting in it and rolling back and forth like a steamroller.

--- End quote ---

Well then, steamers it is!

Eupher:
Even when I lived in the Cleveland area (Mentor), I didn't give a shit.

Now?

I give less of a shit. Maybe a fart, but that's it.

USA4ME:
Now to get rid of the name Cleveland Browns. We all know it’s derived from the last name of the first coach and co-founder of the team, but it could be mistaken as referring to brown skin color, and is therefore racist.

Also, Cavaliers is suspicious. I’m not sure how, but since Cleveland already has shown itself to coddle two racist pro team names, this one is probably some type of racist dog whistle.

Ralph Wiggum:

--- Quote from: USA4ME on July 23, 2021, 09:05:56 PM ---Now to get rid of the name Cleveland Browns. We all know it’s derived from the last name of the first coach and co-founder of the team, but it could be mistaken as referring to brown skin color, and is therefore racist.

Also, Cavaliers is suspicious. I’m not sure how, but since Cleveland already has shown itself to coddle two racist pro team names, this one is probably some type of racist dog whistle.

--- End quote ---

Think the Browns can skate by, considering one of the best NFL players of all time was a Cleveland Brown, whose name conveniently enough is Jim Brown.  Although he triggers leftists because he leans conservative.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version