The Bar > Sports

The Cleveland Guardians? The team settled for safe and boring

<< < (4/6) > >>

ABC-2:
Mercy!  What ultra "woke" foolishness!

I am not much of a football fan  ...

Except to see them in a huddle with their cheeky little buns in those tight pants they they wear.  (huge, but true blush!)

But ...

Leave the team name alone for crying out loud!! They have been called that since 1931. (I looked it up)   :)

ABC-2:
 :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Hell's bells!  I beat you all to it!

I know, I know!  I do!  I do!

I was *mistaken* , they are baseball players!  Mr. ABC corrected me!

Zathras:

--- Quote from: Ralph Wiggum on July 24, 2021, 03:00:25 PM ---Without having won a World Series title since 1948 doesn't mean they're not entertaining and good at times.  They lost to the Cubs in the 2016 World Series in 7 games.  But they've always been beloved in Cleveland, similar to the Browns as historic franchises in their respective sports.
--- End quote ---

I wonder how much of that support will go away with the name change and new found wokeness of the Indians.

Eupher:

--- Quote from: ABC-2 on July 24, 2021, 07:45:53 PM --- :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Hell's bells!  I beat you all to it!

I know, I know!  I do!  I do!

I was *mistaken* , they are baseball players!  Mr. ABC corrected me!

--- End quote ---

That's OK, ABC. You could probably talk for an hour about cricket and most of us - me included - could do little more than listen. I have no clue about cricket. Soccer or football as you call it, doesn't trip my trigger either. Especially when we're talking about purple-haired wackos that are attempting to tell the world how woke they are.

dutch508:

--- Quote from: Eupher on July 24, 2021, 08:35:24 PM ---That's OK, ABC. You could probably talk for an hour about cricket and most of us - me included - could do little more than listen. I have no clue about cricket. Soccer or football as you call it, doesn't trip my trigger either. Especially when we're talking about purple-haired wackos that are attempting to tell the world how woke they are.

--- End quote ---

I used to watch a bunch of cricket when I was in Doha Kuwait.  Never did understand it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version