Author Topic: BP's Oil Exploration Team Swept aside in Climate Revolution  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Workover

• Retired and loving it
BP's Oil Exploration Team Swept aside in Climate Revolution
« on: January 25, 2021, 12:08:48 PM »
I went to work for Standard of Indiana in 1979. They changed the name to Amoco in the early 80’s. Then the outstanding CEO was forced out and a weasel put in his place. In 1999 the weasel sold the company to British Petroleum and they became BO-Amoco for a short while. Iteration after iteration followed as chairman John Browne started this sublimation into the climate change religion.

It’s come to the final slide into oblivion.

https://www.oedigital.com/news/484772-bp-s-oil-exploration-team-swept-aside-in-climate-revolution?utm_source=AOGDigital-ENews-2021-01-25&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=OEDigital-ENews

“ BP is cutting some 10,000 jobs, around 15% of its workforce, under Looney's restructuring, the most aggressive among Europe's oil giants including Royal Dutch Shell and Total.”
If you’re not having fun it’s your own damn fault!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: BP's Oil Exploration Team Swept aside in Climate Revolution
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 01:00:32 PM »
What the Biden administration is going to do to the O&G sector should be criminal.  I've been in and around plants since the mid 80's and what I've seen in the last year has been bad due to the slide in oil prices and then COVID.  What's coming is going to be far worse, I'm afraid.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 01:37:20 PM »
The sooner gas gets to $5/gal, the better.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 01:56:04 PM »
The sooner gas gets to $5/gal, the better.

It'll definitely highlight what's going on.  The problem will be $5/gal. gas with no real uptick in the cost of a barrel of oil so we won't open our own fields back up, OR they will refuse to open our fields and we'll be stuck paying $200/barrel.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 02:17:01 PM »

It'll definitely highlight what's going on.  The problem will be $5/gal. gas with no real uptick in the cost of a barrel of oil so we won't open our own fields back up, OR they will refuse to open our fields and we'll be stuck paying $200/barrel.

KC

Combine higher prices at the pump with higher heating/cooling costs and people will start realizing what changed.

The problem is, the MSM will lie through their teeth to cover for the failed liberal policies.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 04:25:10 PM »
Combine higher prices at the pump with higher heating/cooling costs and people will start realizing what changed.

The problem is, the MSM will lie through their teeth to cover for the failed liberal policies.

Hell, they'll blame it on President Trump just like they will blame everything else that gets cocked up because of beijing biden's stupid policies.

As an aside, for some reason the cost of E-85 (flex fuel) fell to $1.99 (was around $2.49) a gallon a few weeks ago while regular gas is around $3.15 at Costco and $3.45+ elsewhere.  My Ford truck is outfitted for E-85 and even with the reduction in mileage you get with Flex,  I'm still coming out ahead.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 09:11:45 PM »
New Mexico leaders bash Biden admin's order targeting oil, drilling on federal land: 'How does that bring us together?'
https://www.theblaze.com/news/new-mexico-leaders-bash-biden-admins-order-targeting-oil-drilling-on-federal-land-how-does-that-bring-us-together

The Biden administration's 60-day pause on new oil and natural gas leases and drilling permits on federal land, signed by Acting Interior Secretary Scott de la Vega late Wednesday, could result in devastating consequences to state economies that rely on proceeds from oil sales.

The order, which appeased progressive environmentalist groups, has significant immediate effects.

From the Associated Press:

Industry groups said the order effectively brings all regulatory activity to a halt, from routine requests that arise during the normal course of business to requests for rights of way for new pipelines designed to gather more natural gas as part of efforts to reduce venting and flaring — practices that Democrats have targeted in their fight against climate change.

So much for unity.

New Mexico Republican Party chairman Steve Pearce voiced another significant concern. He fears that the Biden administration's order could be a job killer.

"I think we're going to see companies choosing not to invest in New Mexico and take their jobs and drilling to Texas just 3 miles away," Pearce said, the AP reported. "They can just scoot across the border where they don't have federal lands."
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du