Author Topic: I can't even. DUmmies on their knees  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Karin

I can't even. DUmmies on their knees
« on: January 24, 2020, 07:34:18 PM »
This is rather nauseating, so I'm only going to row over a sample. 

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212903548

Atticus (7,029 posts)

Some---even some on this board this evening---have complained that the Democratic House Managers

were "boring".

If your heart is so calloused and your soul is so dead that you did not get a lump in your throat and a tear in your eye---maybe feel those hairs on the back of your neck rise--- as Adam Schiff gave that closing---------------------you have my sympathy.

Here's the only slightly dissenting view:

Response to Atticus (Original post)
Thu Jan 23, 2020, 10:50 PM
 brooklynite (57,614 posts)
4. I'm guessing that the 8 hours of reading before the stirring close had some impact...

The rest are getting the kneepads on.

Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jan 23, 2020, 11:12 PM
patphil (880 posts)
20. On of the greatest speeches I have ever heard.

I heard John Kennedy say, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country".
I heard Martin Luther King say "I have a dream".
Adam Schiff's words on the Senate floor tonight were right up there with those great moments in American History.

Long after the likes of McConnell , Graham, Cruz, and the others of there ilk are gone and forgotten, Schiff's words will live on.

:lmao:

Thu Jan 23, 2020, 11:21 PM
No2Trump2 (3 posts)
24. WOW, A question I had has been answered

I expect our convention to be deadlocked. I wondered who could be the candidate who could unite us without bitterness. I now have my answer: Adam Schiff for president.

:rotf:  Do it. Those prissy pursed lips and bulging crazy eyes.

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: I can't even. DUmmies on their knees
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 07:37:44 PM »
Adam Schiff actually writes scripts as a hobby. It's not surprising that he knows how to deliver a speech. He knows how to make something out of nothing (or vice versa).

Man, they are such suckers for histrionics.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 07:40:58 PM »
I heard John Kennedy say, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country".

Except libs have twisted this phrase into what can your country do for you.  JFK would despise the current state of the Democrat party.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 07:42:33 PM »
Adam Schiff actually writes scripts as a hobby. It's not surprising that he knows how to deliver a speech. He knows how to make something out of nothing (or vice versa).

Man, they are such suckers for histrionics.
The Red Eye Radio guys have called watching/listening to Schiff as being in perverse awe.  As in does pencil neck realize how stupid he sounds?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 09:30:30 AM »
Schitt for Brains was so stirring, so moving, his logic so impeccable that Trump's approval went up three points since he opened his Schitt hole for 3 days.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 11:28:42 AM »
Schiff continues to insist that the Trump's defense team is 1) ignoring facts, 2) deflecting, and 3) blocking crucial witnesses. And yet, when I listened to the defense team this, they addressed plenty of facts. And, it bears repeating, either the dems have an airtight, foolproof case, or they need more testimony and evidence to make a judgment. Pick one.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 05:34:56 PM »
House Dems' "problem" is twofold:

* Trump's defense is facts;

* Schifftyroo is almost as Russia-obsessed as Buggee.

Aside from the fact that their whole shampeachment is bogus.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 03:09:36 PM »
I'd be crying too if I spent 500 minutes saying:

"This president tried to coerce an ally to help him cheat the election. He's exactly what the founders envisioned when they conceived the impeachment process. Our rule of law will have no meaning if we do nothing. That's why we must remove him. Because this president tried to coerce an ally to help him cheat the election. He's exactly what the founders envisioned when they conceived the impeachment process. Our rule of law will have no meaning if we do nothing. That's why we must remove him. Because this president tried to coerce an ally to help him cheat the election. He's exactly what the founders envisioned when they conceived the impeachment process. Our rule of law will have no meaning if we do nothing. That's why we must remove him. Because this president tried to coerce an ally to help him cheat the election. He's exactly what the founders envisioned when they conceived the impeachment process. Our rule of law will have no meaning if we do nothing. That's why we must remove him. Because this president tried to coerce an ally to help him cheat the election. He's exactly what the founders envisioned when they conceived the impeachment process. Our rule of law will have no meaning if we do nothing. That's why we must remove him. Because this president tried to coerce an ally to help him cheat the election. He's exactly what the founders envisioned when they conceived the impeachment process. Our rule of law will have no meaning if we do nothing. That's why we must remove him. Because this president tried to coerce an ally to help him cheat the election. He's exactly what the founders envisioned when they conceived the impeachment process. Our rule of law will have no meaning if we do nothing. That's why we must remove him. Because this president tried to coerce an ally to help him cheat the election. He's exactly what the founders envisioned when they conceived the impeachment process. Our rule of law will have no meaning if we do nothing. That's why we must remove him. Because this president tried to coerce an ally to help him cheat the election. He's exactly what the founders envisioned when they conceived the impeachment process. Our rule of law will have no meaning if we do nothing. That's why we must remove him. Because this president tried to coerce an ally to help him cheat the election. He's exactly what the founders envisioned when they conceived the impeachment process. Our rule of law will have no meaning if we do nothing. That's why we must remove him."
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 03:12:11 PM by ADsOutburst »

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 08:03:47 PM »
So Adam Shitt is in a bar. He puts about an 8 foot long croc on the bar and tells all the democrat patrons that this croc is Trump and he is going to show Trump wh is boss by hitting him on the head and the croc will open his jaws. Then he will put his small junk in the croc's jaws and hit him on the head again and the crock will open his jaws.  Well all the stupid donkeys ooh and ahhh. So Adam Shitt hits the croc on the head and he opens hes jaws and Adam puts his small package in the croc's jaws. Then he hits him on the head again and the croc snaps his jaws closed within a mm of his junk. Shitt hits the croc on the head again and the croc snaps his jaws open.

So Shitt says anyone else want to try this?  Well about 9,000 DUmmys say "I will, if you don't hit me in the head so hard."
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 08:24:34 AM »
So Adam Shitt is in a bar. He puts about an 8 foot long croc on the bar and tells all the democrat patrons that this croc is Trump and he is going to show Trump wh is boss by hitting him on the head and the croc will open his jaws. Then he will put his small junk in the croc's jaws and hit him on the head again and the crock will open his jaws.  Well all the stupid donkeys ooh and ahhh. So Adam Shitt hits the croc on the head and he opens hes jaws and Adam puts his small package in the croc's jaws. Then he hits him on the head again and the croc snaps his jaws closed within a mm of his junk. Shitt hits the croc on the head again and the croc snaps his jaws open.

So Shitt says anyone else want to try this?  Well about 9,000 DUmmys say "I will, if you don't hit me in the head so hard."
I heard a variation of that joke where it was a snapping turtle instead of a croc and poking the turtles eyes to get it to release. Funny either way.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2020, 08:27:56 AM »
Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jan 23, 2020, 11:12 PM
patphil (880 posts)
20. On of the greatest speeches I have ever heard.

I heard Martin Luther King say "I have a dream".
Adam Schiff's words on the Senate floor tonight were right up there with those great moments in American History.

Long after the likes of McConnell , Graham, Cruz, and the others of there ilk are gone and forgotten, Schiff's words will live on.
Dummie posts that and then does not list one memorable line from Schiff's speech.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2020, 05:33:42 PM »
Dummie posts that and then does not list one memorable line from Schiff's speech.
In all seriousness, there were many memorable things he said, but they're memorable for the wrong reasons. That is to say, he's appealing to irrationality.

Anyone who found him compelling needs to watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0ipS5gjmDc

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2020, 01:15:16 PM »
:rotf:  Do it. Those prissy pursed lips and bulging crazy eyes.

He looks like he plays the skin flute! :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2020, 04:05:47 PM »
He looks like he plays the skin flute! :lmao: :lmao:
To be fair, that's a resume enhancer at the dump
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2020, 02:42:06 PM »
LOL, Schiff just tried to argue that since Trump caledl the whistleblower a traitor, it must be that he views himself as "synonymous with the state".

Seriously. he said that. As if he's just sending out arguments just so they can get effortlessly shot down.