Author Topic: I work as a contractor for the DoD  (Read 860 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I work as a contractor for the DoD
« on: January 21, 2020, 10:58:20 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212892095

The Polack MSgt (6,096 posts)

I work as a contractor for the DoD

And I occasionally travel overseas in the course of my job.

When I travel to some, let's call them problematic areas, I need to out process as if I was deploying.

That includes the need to take some refresher training courses prior to departure.

I retired a LONG time ago, and I am about as far from a low drag high speed operator as you're likely to find in theater. But I still need to check the boxes.

Anyway, I was doing the SERE (Survival Evasion Resistance Escape) training and the post capture section included a "Resisting Indoctrination" portion

This information feels like something we need to keep in mind in everyday America now.

First, recognize the attempts to indoctrinate you and which propaganda type you are dealing with - Ideological, Political or Religious fanatics differ in focus but share several traits:

-Only they possess the truth
-Will NOT tolerate opposing views
-No matter the subject of the discussion they will introduce THEIR values and judgement into the conversation.
-Attempt to force you to adopt or at least to concede the validity of their distorted out look

Look out for the use of one or more of the following methods of indoctrination:

-Music and dramatic recordings
-Posters video clips and films
-One sided media
-Lies half truths and incomplete information

Those things remind me of someplace.... I just can't put my finger on it, but I'll bet someone here will remember.

:rotf:

grumpyduck (1,269 posts)

2. Gee, that sounds just like

oh, never mind. Nah, it's all in my imagination.

But seriously, I wonder if there's even been a study done as to what type of people fall for indoctrination and what kind doesn't: economic status, IQ, religion, whatever. Might be an interesting read considering who supports the current farce.

Always thinking they're smarter, better.  Always.  It never works out well for them.  Every post below the OP hits several of the OP's point right on the head.

MagickMuffin (9,578 posts)

7. Poor Poor Fox Viewers

This is what they are up against. But hey, they can't help it. They have been indoctrinated, manipulated, lied to and yet they can't recognize the threat.

Poor Poor Fox Viewers.

However, Fox isn't the only media outlet doing this. They ALL do it. ALL THE TIME

They're so deluded.  I wonder if I can sign up over there and offer my opinion?

-No matter the subject of the discussion they will introduce THEIR values and judgement into the conversation.
-Attempt to force you to adopt or at least to concede the validity of their distorted out look

Yeah, I thought not.  LOL

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline jukin

Re: I work as a contractor for the DoD
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 11:06:02 AM »
-Only they possess the truth

-Music and dramatic recordings
-Posters video clips and films
-One sided media
-Lies half truths and incomplete information

The lack of self awareness of leftists is truly astounding and one of their defining positions.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 01:00:22 PM »
Poor Fox viewers?

Most Fox viewers also watch other sources. The reverse cannot be said for leftists.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 01:28:08 PM »
Poor Fox viewers?

Most Fox viewers also watch other sources. The reverse cannot be said for leftists.

Well, let's look at what the OP said;

1.)  -Will NOT tolerate opposing views
2.)  -No matter the subject of the discussion they will introduce THEIR values and judgement into the conversation.
3.)  -Attempt to force you to adopt or at least to concede the validity of their distorted out look

4.)  -One sided media

1.)  Ever read any of their stories about making businesses to change the channel, or using a universal remote to hide FOX News and putting a PIN on it so no one else can watch it?
2.)  Have you ever found even ONE thread over there about something innocuous where the DUmmies didn't turn it political even when it wasn't? 
3.)  You must be a democrat and support democrats NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE to post at DU and they will explain why the pedophile they want (or other type of criminal) is/was justified.
4.)  MSLSD, anyone? 

I have never read a story on a conservative site where someone tried to hide any of the number of far left leaning media.  Never.  Not once.  I don't know that I've ever seen a conservative site that didn't welcome other points of view and would be happy to discuss it.  And I don't know a single conservative who doesn't realize that yes, some parts of FOX are left leaning.  They're called the opinion shows and are not passed off as 'news.'  MSLSD and CNN do use their opinion people as 'journalists' who are supposed to be reporting the news, but the leftists absolutely refuse to acknowledge they are leaning left and should they dare utter anything the DUmmies think might be a conservative view, they screech about getting said person fired for it.

Yeah, there are huge differences between the right and left when it comes to being open to discussion.  We will do it, they will just shout you down, get you fired, or make it otherwise impossible to get your view heard/seen.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 02:19:19 PM »
-Only they possess the truth See DU TOS
-Will NOT tolerate opposing views See DU TOS
-No matter the subject of the discussion they will introduce THEIR values and judgement into the conversation. See DU TOS
-Attempt to force you to adopt or at least to concede the validity of their distorted out look See DU TOS

-Music and dramatic recordings US MSM, Hollyweird
-Posters video clips and films US MSM, Hollyweird
-One sided media US MSM, Skews Media
-Lies half truths and incomplete information US MSM, Skews Media
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 02:59:58 PM »
From the abbreviation the DUmmie used, I assume his claimed service was Air Force.  Nothing further need be said.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 03:07:33 PM »
I like how he intentionally avoids using the term Shit Hole Countries.  LOL

When I travel to some, let's call them problematic areas, I need to out process as if I was deploying.

Chicken.

KC

*Stolen

Offline tikibarted

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 07:41:46 PM »
I call bullshit, I never saw any old fat contractors in US SERE schools...I must harken back to a core truth...Dummies Lie all the time

What sort of bullshit contracting job would require that?  Even the "private operators" don't attend...

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2020, 08:40:36 PM »
I call bullshit, I never saw any old fat contractors in US SERE schools...I must harken back to a core truth...Dummies Lie all the time

What sort of bullshit contracting job would require that?  Even the "private operators" don't attend...

Probably just SERE 100. It's an online course.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2020, 11:08:24 PM »
Someone needs to tell the DUmbass that playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare on his PS4 doesn't count as working as a contractor for the DoD.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2020, 07:42:19 AM »
Probably just SERE 100. It's an online course.

:rofl:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2020, 08:38:56 AM »
Hie thee off to the Sandhills for some amusement.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2020, 04:09:02 PM »
I think we have another lying shitheel like TominTiburne or some such name like that. 

Personally, I think the DUchebag just watched First Blood is high on what he thinks he is.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.