Author Topic: Question about forum operation.HEY DOWN HERE!  (Read 2746 times)

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Question about forum operation.HEY DOWN HERE!
« on: July 29, 2012, 08:05:14 PM »
I have a question for an admin or mod type person. I was just over in the politics forum and I was checking on an earlier topic I had started. Apparently the link I used had quit working. No problem right? I opened the original post but there is no edit button showing, what's up with that? Did I just miss it? Is it some super secret stealth button? Is the forum broke? or is it that that particular function is not turned on?

It's probably just me. I am either not seeing it or I'm just losing it. At any rate could somebody check it out and then let me know what I did wrong if anything, and if it's not me then can you please FIX IT! so I can edit my post. :argh: :-)

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Re: Question about forum operation.HEY DOWN HERE!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 08:21:29 PM »
Though I am no mod type or aything I have seen this before.

Log out of CC, then go to the home page (while being still logged out) and look at logged on users, you may see that you are still showing as being logged in.

You may need to close your browser and then open it up again.

Log back in and check logged on users on the home page.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 08:42:46 PM »
I believe there is a time limit on when you can go in and edit a post.  I think it is less than one hour.  But I could be wrong.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 08:59:21 PM »
I believe there is a time limit on when you can go in and edit a post.  I think it is less than one hour.  But I could be wrong.

I concur with IssaFTots.

It is less then an hour.

But by the same token I have seen the behaviour I mentioned earlier. I think that the IP connection info gets changed on the client side but not on the server side.

The result is you end up with connection info on the client side that does not match the server side.

I've been giving a little thought on how I could reproduce this but I haven't come up with anyting yet.

At the time I was using ccleaner to delete temp files and registry entries so that may have had something to do with it.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 09:05:08 PM »

Yes you can only edit your posts for a certain period of time. I'm not sure how long exactly, but after a period of time you can't edit.

Contact the mod in that forum and ask them to modify it for you.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 09:17:50 PM »
Thanks for the input everybody.... :-) :cheersmate:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".