Author Topic: Caterpillar tells workers to leave Mexico  (Read 3130 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Caterpillar tells workers to leave Mexico
« on: September 11, 2010, 06:48:35 PM »
Caterpillar tells workers to leave Mexico

Caterpillar Inc. is telling its American employees in Mexico, particularly those with children, to return to the United States because of escalating violence there, the company said Thursday.

About 40 American employees of Caterpillar facilities in Mexico, including in Monterrey, are affected by the company's order. Those employees all are salaried or management, said company spokesman Jim Dugan.

PJ Star
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline true_blood

Re: Caterpillar tells workers to leave Mexico
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 04:52:05 PM »
It's a shame really that it's gotten to this point. The cartels are already 70 miles deep into the America side as well. How long before lord dumbo makes the right move to protect our Country and it's people?? :bird:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 04:59:35 PM »
How long before lord dumbo makes the right move to protect our Country and it's people?? :bird:

Never.  Next question?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 01:22:53 AM »
It's a shame really that it's gotten to this point. The cartels are already 70 miles deep into the America side as well. How long before lord dumbo makes the right move to protect our Country and it's people?? :bird:

He's already done way more than he's ever going to do already.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 10:21:26 AM »
PJ Star

Good for Caterpillar for looking out for its workers. :bow: :bow:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 11:13:52 AM »
Good for Caterpillar for looking out for its workers. :bow: :bow:

But only their American workers, the Mexicans are left to fend for themselves.  :fuelfire:

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 06:22:48 PM »
But only their American workers, the Mexicans are left to fend for themselves.  :fuelfire:

Yeah, the American workers for Cat are in Mexico legally with the consent of the Mexican government.

Our Mexican workers here in America are here illegally with no consent from the American government. Unless they have that Green card or become citizens.

The Mexican workers that are left to fend for themselves in Mexico are not Cats problem, and why should it be.?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 06:39:27 PM »
Yeah, the American workers for Cat are in Mexico legally with the consent of the Mexican government.

Our Mexican workers here in America are here illegally with no consent from the American government. Unless they have that Green card or become citizens.

The Mexican workers that are left to fend for themselves in Mexico are not Cats problem, and why should it be.?

So you think that employers are not responsible for their employees?  Turn in your liberal membership card.  :-)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 10:20:03 PM »
So you think that employers are not responsible for their employees?  Turn in your liberal membership card.  :-)

OK, lets try this on for size.

I Hire a young man to mow my lawn.  I am now his employer.

He is to use my lawn mower so I have to insure that the mower is safe for him to use. It has to be gassed up and in working condition.

I need to show the young man the area he is to cut and point out any area where he may have a problem, ditches or hidden junk in the yard that is under the grass.  If I know of a below ground yellow wasp colony I need to tell him to stay away from that area, if the neighbors have pit bulls that can jump the fence I need to alert him to that.

I need to outfit him with ear muffs if the mower is very loud and if the temperature is in the 90's insure he has a source of water.

What does all this mean, I have to insure that the employee is informed of any danger on the job, to give him safe equipment to use, to give him protective ear muffs and a source of water.

Actually, I do not have to do any of this, but, if I just turn him loose and he falls in that ditch or gets in trouble from the swam of yellow jackets, I may be sued up the you know.   

One has to protect themselves and their employees from harm or law suit on either side.

What is the problem with that.??