Author Topic: Open mike night at the DUmp  (Read 947 times)

Offline jinxmchue

Open mike night at the DUmp
« on: November 04, 2009, 07:51:44 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6922907

*starts snapping fingers in rhythm*

givemebackmycountry
Wed Nov-04-09 03:15 AM
Original message
I'm straight, I'm pissed, and I can't stand the hate anymore.    Updated at 3:38 AM

I'm different.
I look different and that's not my fault.
I was born that way.
It's a birth defect called NF1, and it causes tumors to grow all over the body, inside and outside.
I didn't ask for this shit.
I had the most difficult type of NF1 at least for me, what's called "spontaneous NF1" which is one ****ed up way of describing what happened.
Spontaneous is a three car accident on a Saturday morning in a Starbucks parking lot.

Spontaneous NF1 means you look one way at 35 and by 40 you look "different"
And by different, someone with NF1 has what I can only describe as pieces of rice under your skin.
Some bigger than others, and lot's of them.
It's wonderful for first impressions, and working in a professional environment as I do for a fortune 500 company.
Walk into a room one day with 20 people that you don't know with a face that looks like a cheese pizza and you will understand.
I deal with it.
I ain't ****ing different.

I was the shit in my 20's and early 30's.
Full head of brown, thick hair from my grandmother on my mother's side.
Irish, tall at 6'4 and 180lbs of shit talking New Yorker.
I had a big mouth, and a sharp wit, and I pretty much fell into a good life after a not so good start that included a divorce and a well deserved stint in jail.
Then I changed things up and things broke for me and in reality I got lucky.
Good job, a couple of long term girlfriends, and many friends.
Some of those friends were gay.

Lydia was my friend.
Lydia was gay.

She worked with me in Dallas in the 80's and she used to cut my hair, and we would smoke joints and listen to jazz music.
Her Mom, Shirley owned a neighborhood hair salon in the hood.
Every time Lydia dragged me in there, Shirley would grab me by the arm and scream "feel this white boy's hair" and I had five black women running their hands through my hair with admiration.
And when we would leave Shirley, a big proud black woman herself, would give me a big hug and tell me "you're good by me".
Because I was a stupid white boy, that somehow was friends with her 6'3" gay daughter, and she knew I didn't give a shit about that.

Lydia loved Sheena Easton and Miles Davis.
She looked like Kareem Abdul Jabar.
She had a spat with a girlfriend, and she started dating someone else, and the old girlfriend got pissed and gave some crack to some street hood.
That street hood caught up with Lydia as she was checking her mail after church, arms loaded with groceries on a sunny Sunday morning, and shot her in the head three or four times.

I never thought about the fact that she was gay, all I cared about was that she liked the same music I did and she made me laugh.
And I'm thinking about her tonight.
I'm thinking about the gay people that I know right now, and that I have known in my life, and in my heart I know that everyone of them that I called my friend is hurting tonight.
I was pissed when I started this, and now I'm just sad.

Tomorrow morning some people will walk out the door gay, and I'll walk out the door with a ****ed up face and a attitude.
We're just people.
Trying to get along and ahead, despite what people think of us.
All I want is to be happy, and I don't think that anyone should get to vote on that for me, or anyone else.
That ain't right.

It's like the Dude said in the Big Lebowski.
"That's like, your opinion man".

I ain't ****ing different, and neither is anyone else.
People can't control the fact that we grow into who we are.
And gay or straight, like Shirley used to say when she would hug me, "you're good by me".

I wish the people who voted against my friends, dead or living, had half the heart that Shirley and her daughter did.
And the fact that they don't makes me sad, and I'm going to bed thinking of my friend.
I miss her.

I just read this back to myself and I almost deleted it, but on second thought, **** it.
I'm posting it anyway.

That's how the person typed it.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Open mike night at the DUmp
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 07:57:49 AM »

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 08:05:40 AM »
Quote from:
givemebackmycountry

Tomorrow morning some people will walk out the door gay, and I'll walk out the door with a ****ed up face and a attitude.
We're just people.
Trying to get along and ahead, despite what people think of us.
All I want is to be happy, and I don't think that anyone should get to vote on that for me, or anyone else.
That ain't right.

But if after the vote people who are opposed to homo marriage are unhappy, then that's OK with you.

Hypocrite.

Get back when you aren't so two-faced, which is a polite way of saying you won't be getting back.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 08:44:31 AM »

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 09:04:45 AM »

I keep reading through that and then see that pic and laugh my backside off. :rotf:

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 12:15:11 PM »
I keep reading through that and then see that pic and laugh my backside off. :rotf:

I've got news for ya sparky, you are different, you're a frikkin' moonbat! You post at MonnBat Central. You voted for a communist. That's about as "different" as you can get in my book!

It also makes you a "loser", just like your Messiah, your friends, and the Gays who believe I should sanction their perversity! Go crawl back under your rock.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 12:19:01 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out
What's my favorite part..

The OP's annoying

really annoying....

writing style--trying to make drivel sound poetic--or Tx's hilarious photo. I'm not sure.
Let me post a few more lines like this...

And declare them both awesome.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 12:41:56 PM »
Our Poet-in-Chief:

Under water grottos, caverns

Filled with apes

That eat figs.

Stepping on the figs

That the apes

Eat, they crunch.

The apes howl, bare

Their fangs, dance . .

No, really; Obama wrote that.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 12:47:12 PM »
No, really; Obama wrote that.

Bill Ayers must have been busy.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Karin

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 03:08:32 PM »
Oh I thought you were going to say that that one DUmmy who goes to open mike nights wrote that.  What was her name?  Was it Ladyhawke?  Anyway, shitty poetry.  Most poetry is. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 03:15:57 PM »
Has this particular primitive been around for awhile? The reason I ask is that this sounds similar to TiT. Maybe it's just me, but it's something about the style of it all.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.