Author Topic: DUmmies ask why God designed pedophiles (that is, if he exists, of course)  (Read 1042 times)

Offline jinxmchue

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=214x221925

LAGC
Thu Oct-15-09 05:07 AM
Original message
If God really exists, why'd he design pedophiles?

I mean, homosexuality I can kind of understand. Maybe that's just nature's way of dealing with overcrowding.

But pedophilia? Adults getting their kicks off of little kids, what purpose does it serve?

It just seems so much like the human appendix... a vestigial remnant of our earlier evolution. A random quirk of nature -- there's no real purpose for it at all. We see it in other species all the time, adults preying on children.

Sure, God supposedly designed us all with "free will" but why would one be inclined that way, in terms of sexual orientation, to begin with?

I don't want to hear comparisons to "why do people murder" -- that is clearly environmental, based on the way people are raised.

But pedophilia is BIOLOGICAL! Therapy can suppress the urges in them, but they never go away. This is evident by how often they re-offend.

Why, God, why?

"What purpose does it serve?"  Seriously?  You're actually asking that question?  Oy vey.

boston bean
Thu Oct-15-09 07:22 AM
Response to Original message
2. WTF is up with this sentence??

"I mean, homosexuality I can kind of understand. Maybe that's just nature's way of dealing with overcrowding."

my how the mighty DU has fallen.........

Uh, oh.  Someone upset the DUmp boat.  And it continues to flounder:

darkstar3
Thu Oct-15-09 11:15 AM
7. Equating homosexuality and pedophilia

Edited on Thu Oct-15-09 11:18 AM by darkstar3
is exactly the same as equating heterosexuality with pedophilia.

Pedophilia is NOT a sexual orientation. It is a psychological disorder that involves other instincts besides sexuality, chief among them being predation.

It really burns my ass when I see pedophilia equated with homosexuality or bisexuality. At that point, you are stating that homosexuals and bisexuals suffer from some sort of disorder, and the APA understands that this is simply not the case.

Speaking of the APA, they also believe that pedophilia is NOT biological, or at least not wholly biological.

Pedophilia is also not evolutionary. The appendix at one time served a purpose, which is why it is called vestigial instead of unnecessary. Pedophilia, on the other hand, has never served a purpose in the propagation of the species, and therefore could not have come about simply through evolution by natural selection.

Comparisons to murder, rape, other types of heinous crimes are perfectly valid due to the fact that each of these crimes are often the result of serious behavioral disorders such as sociopathy.

And now that I've thoroughly shat all over your thread, I will say that I agree with the premise of your title. If an all-knowing, all-powerful, and all-loving God created all of humanity, pedophilia makes no sense whatsoever.

Time to backtrack:

LAGC
Thu Oct-15-09 08:28 PM
Response to Reply #7
10. I didn't meant to equate homosexuality with pedophilia.

Other than to say they are both sexual orientations, in a sense: people having certain proclivities towards certain other groups of people. It will be interesting if scientists ever really figure out if its biological or not. I just don't see why people would choose little kids over adults as sexual partners if there wasn't some underlying cause. If so, it brings up the possibility of catching a certain gene early, and being able to weed it out of the gene pool. But that could have implications for homosexuality as well (parents find out their kid is going to be gay, so they try to "fix" it) which could be dangerous, messing with nature like that.

But just so I'm clear, I see nothing wrong with consenting adults engaging in acts of affection with each other, regardless of gender. I think gay marriage should be legalized.

Don't tombstone me, bro!

Name removed  (0 posts)
Thu Oct-15-09 02:24 PM
8. Deleted message

Message removed by moderator. Click here to review the message board rules.

Someone said something wrong.

rrneck
Thu Oct-15-09 07:13 PM
9. To challenge children's faith

in an all powerful and loving god.

Uh...  What?

Someone makes a valiant attempt to answer the question:

SidneyCarton
Sat Oct-17-09 10:24 PM
Response to Reply #20
21. From a theological perspective the answer to your question is quite complex.

If we are indeed the spiritual children of God, how much say does he have in our actual individual personalities, our likes, dislikes, proclivities for certain sins, etc...

Theists (including myself) profess belief in an all-powerful God, but we rarely, if ever, understand exactly what that means. If one believes in the doctrine of Creatio ex Nihlo (That God creates matter from nothing) then your question is devastating, because it makes the assumption that God has full and absolute control over every aspect of the process, and that every character flaw, personality quirk, etc... is put there by divine design with an exact purpose in mind. I do not subscribe to such a doctrine, and believe that there are spiritual raw materials from which God creates spiritual beings. From this perspective, your question takes on a slightly different significance, because it begs one to wonder to what degree the nature of this raw material influences the development of certain individual personality traits.

The question then naturally arises: Why would an all-knowing God bring into existence a creation with such dangerous flaws. The answer to this one is particularly difficult, though I wonder if it is because, much like a parent who is informed that their unborn child will suffer from a serious birth defect, God believes that the potential of this new creation outweighs their imperfections.

Which, of course, falls flat in the face of the deaf and blind:

darkstar3
Sun Oct-18-09 12:17 AM
Response to Reply #21
22. But that means that God is not omnipotent.

By definition, if he doesn't have control over everything, then he is not omnipotent. If he is limited in what he can create by the raw materials of spiritual beings, then how can he be all powerful?

So since God doesn't actively control everything everyone everywhere does at every moment, he's not omnipotent.  Uh-huh.

Offline thundley4

Re: DUmmies ask why God designed pedophiles (that is, if he exists, of course)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 03:14:32 PM »
But pedophilia is BIOLOGICAL! Therapy can suppress the urges in them, but they never go away. This is evident by how often they re-offend.

I guess since the DUmmie has spoken, then the death penalty is the only valid choice for pedophiles.  I mean, anything else sentences them to a lifetime of denying their urge and suffering , right?

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 03:29:16 PM »
Ach du lieber!   :banghead:
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 03:31:18 PM »
It really burns my ass when I see pedophilia equated with homosexuality or bisexuality.

Umm....................then why are peds more often homos than hetro? When you can answer that one, perhaps you'll have "a leg to stand on". Otherwise, we get to cut the other two off! Natcherally, it will include the middle one, too!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 03:43:00 PM »
darkstar3
Sun Oct-18-09 12:17 AM
Response to Reply #21
22. But that means that God is not omnipotent.

By definition, if he doesn't have control over everything, then he is not omnipotent. If he is limited in what he can create by the raw materials of spiritual beings, then how can he be all powerful?

I think the reason he bestowed us with the presence of Jesus was; he was admitting to himself that we are not a perfect image of perfection. Thus, saving us from ourselves. Perhaps one of you idiots should actually read the scriptures, rather than hunt and peck thru them.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 03:50:35 PM »
That's because God didn't 'design' either pedophilia or homosexuality anymore then he designed murder or theft. They all fall under the auspices of sin, which DUmmies don't believe in as it gives choice to the individual and control over his or her behavior. God doesn't design perversions, the DUmmies buddy(note the other thread) Satan does and tempts us all in one way or the other with them. Pedophiles choose to indulge this particularly disgusting perversion. I'm always amused when liberals think they are asking really deep questions that quite honestly are explored by critical thinking minds everyday while sitting over a cup of coffee and answered just as quickly.  :whatever:

This though points out why those against the whole push for homosexual immersion were against it. When you believe homosexuality is inate and 'designed' into a person and therefore normal then you can explain all kinds of other perversions away in the same vein. This DUmmie actually pointed out, without knowing it, the point many people in that argument were trying to make when they said: what next. I bet it was totally lost on them though.

Offline Chump

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 04:01:44 PM »
Wow, what an interesting twist on the problem of Pain.   :yawn:
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.
~Atlas Shrugged, Galt's speech

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 09:38:44 PM »
moron. pedophilia is a behavior learned from DUmmies

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 11:29:06 AM »
Quote from: DUmmy
I mean, homosexuality I can kind of understand. Maybe that's just nature's way of dealing with overcrowding.

:wtf2:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 11:31:13 AM »
:wtf2:

I think the DUmmie was referring to the fact that homosexuality is a biological dead end. That would seem to me to mean that they are defective, not normal.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 11:35:39 AM »
I think the DUmmie was referring to the fact that homosexuality is a biological dead end. That would seem to me to mean that they are defective, not normal.

Yeah, I get it.  Their logic or lack thereof is just so weird.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 12:40:39 PM »
I wonder how many of these DUmmies are pedophiles.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 01:33:45 PM »
I wonder how many of these DUmmies are pedophiles.

At least one admitted one, iirc.  Who was that?

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 03:21:51 PM »
The liberal solution to pedophilia is to get rid of 'age of consent' laws.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.