Author Topic: Doug's ex-wife being not very sexy  (Read 448 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Doug's ex-wife being not very sexy
« on: November 03, 2009, 03:58:47 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=276x10036

Oh my.

The primitive once known as the droopy drawers primitive, who's been making substantial progress losing, and keeping off, weight:

Tobin S.  (1000+ posts)      Mon Nov-02-09 10:54 PM
Original message

Sometimes I wish I could still get high

This is probably not going to be politically correct but it will be reality. And that's what we are interested in here in the mental health forum. Right?

I got high for the first time when I was 15 and the last time when I was 23. I'm 37 now. I never really used drugs habitually and the heaviest drug I used was LSD. Most of the time I just smoked marijuana when I got high.

The thing that got me to quit using drugs was not my illness. I became a trucker when I was 24 and that is a profession that is really strict about drug use. You have to pass a pre-employment drug test to get a job in trucking. You also have to submit to random drug testing while you are employed as a trucker. Trucking companies are required by federal law to drug test 50% of their drivers every year. And if you are in an accident while driving a truck and a vehicle is towed away and/or a person is taken away from the scene in an ambulance, you have to submit to a drug test whether the accident was your fault or not.

Truckers are held to a higher standard than the rest of the motoring public and most people would probably say rightly so. It would probably not be a good idea for me to get high now days regardless, what with the head meds and all. I'd still like to try it again, though.

I was driving around tonight running some errands. I was going through an old neighborhood where I used to hang out and party, and Led Zepplin came on the radio- one of my favorite groups to listen to when I was partying. And that combination took me back to those days and nostalgia washed over me.

There was a time in my life when I wanted more responsibility. Today I feel like someone else can have it.

Doug's ex-wife, the only primitive to show up at this bonfire:

EFerrari  (1000+ posts)        Tue Nov-03-09 02:10 AM
Response to Original message

1. Been there, Had the hangover.

I was never constrained by anyone else from any kind of using but there have been times when I timed myself out. And whenever I gave in to whatever it was that I thought I was being "deprived of" by me, it turned out not to be as good as I remembered it. I was wanting some other, idealized, not in real life thingy.

Not very sexy but there it is.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Doug's ex-wife being not very sexy
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 06:57:13 AM »
Quote from:
EFerrari

I was wanting some other, idealized, not in real life thingy.

And you still do, only you want taxpayers like me to flip the bill.  You idiots need to be on a permanent timeout.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.