Author Topic: Oba Mao ... Who's ya daddy?  (Read 2533 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Oba Mao ... Who's ya daddy?
« on: October 30, 2009, 05:01:47 PM »
Priceless.
Dump link>
The Straight Story  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-30-09 04:18 PM
Original message
China gets ready for Obama Visit - Tshirt goes on sale "Oba Mao"

Obama t-shirt is sold in Beijing.
A t-shirt featuring President Barack Obama's face replacing China's former helmsman Mao Zedong's face in an iconic image of the Communist Party, goes on sale at a clothing shop in Beijing on October 30, 2009. The shirt is called "Oba Mao". China's capital is gearing up for Obama's visit in less than three weeks. UPI/Stephen Shaver

http://www.upi.com/News_Photos/Photos_of_the_Day/Octobe...

And the dummies think this is great?
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Oba Mao ... Who's ya daddy?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 07:21:16 PM »
Oba Mao Oblong Ding-Dong

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 07:43:56 PM »
Un-freakin-believable. 

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 08:45:46 PM »
I see a new avatar
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 10:14:31 PM »
The world is not fooled.  And neither are we.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 01:20:18 AM »
I see a new avatar

So does someone at DU.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 05:30:08 AM »
At least someone is portraying him as he really is.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 07:10:58 AM »
At least someone is portraying him as he really is.

Don't be too sure, Sparky, the young kids just love to rile us up.

A young Asian who worked with me wore a T shirt into work with a picture of Mao on his chest.  When I told him his shirt offended me he flipped me the bird.

This I figured was MY problem not the company's so I let it slide, Free speech and all that.

As long as I could wear the symbol of my faith, what the heck, let it all fly out.  Buddhists and Muslims, Christians, Agnostics, those of Wicca and Voo Doo, we all worked together well, why stir the pot.?

I was wrong to become offended, but as I said this was MY problem, not his or the Company's. 

I learned a lesson that day, for each their own, none of my business.

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 07:23:36 AM »
I don't get offended by what other people wear.  It represents the kind of person they are- not me.  I get lots of comments on my "I $ Capitalism" tshirt, all good. :-)
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 10:22:30 AM »
My friend Deb's son (who is a friend of my son) wears this tshirt that offends me. Here is a link to it: http://www.threadless.com/product/383/The_Communist_Party#top

Everytime he wears it I want to ask him if he knows who is on it and how many people they have killed. His sister (who is my 16 year old daughters friend) wore it over to my house the other day and I know for a fact she has no idea what she was wearing.  You can take the tshirt two ways, either mocking communism or supporting it. I personally don't think it's funny either way you look at it.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 10:27:12 AM »
I personally don't think it's funny either way you look at it.

It'd be funny if all those SOBs were doubled over after being in front of a firing squad.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 11:09:26 AM »
Don't be too sure, Sparky, the young kids just love to rile us up.

A young Asian who worked with me wore a T shirt into work with a picture of Mao on his chest.  When I told him his shirt offended me he flipped me the bird.

This I figured was MY problem not the company's so I let it slide, Free speech and all that.

As long as I could wear the symbol of my faith, what the heck, let it all fly out.  Buddhists and Muslims, Christians, Agnostics, those of Wicca and Voo Doo, we all worked together well, why stir the pot.?

I was wrong to become offended, but as I said this was MY problem, not his or the Company's. 

I learned a lesson that day, for each their own, none of my business.

(edit: Bold emphasis mine.)

Based on that alone a trip to his supervisor's office or HR was warranted.

It's called "professionalism".
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 01:53:59 PM »
My friend Deb's son (who is a friend of my son) wears this tshirt that offends me. Here is a link to it: http://www.threadless.com/product/383/The_Communist_Party#top

Everytime he wears it I want to ask him if he knows who is on it and how many people they have killed. His sister (who is my 16 year old daughters friend) wore it over to my house the other day and I know for a fact she has no idea what she was wearing.  You can take the tshirt two ways, either mocking communism or supporting it. I personally don't think it's funny either way you look at it.

There are girls who offend guys just by wearing any shirt too

Offline HACKSAW

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 09:17:01 AM »
I don't get offended by what other people wear.  It represents the kind of person they are- not me.  I get lots of comments on my "I $ Capitalism" tshirt, all good. :-)

Here's my most recent T-Shirt purchase

http://www.rangerup.com/iclhiblt.html
Liberals are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009, 09:41:59 AM »

Offline Karin

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 01:31:44 PM »
The comments over there are mixed.  Some see it as giving "teabaggers" ammo, others think it's a disgrace, and some love it.  One flamer with a rainbow flag said "simply fabulous!"   fag. 

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 01:42:11 PM »
Here's my most recent T-Shirt purchase

http://www.rangerup.com/iclhiblt.html

Oh Good God!  My Boyfriend is SO getting that in his stocking for Christmas.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 06:53:46 PM »
(edit: Bold emphasis mine.)

Based on that alone a trip to his supervisor's office or HR was warranted.

It's called "professionalism".

Nah Sparky, no telling where that would lead to, soon people would be hauling each other into HR complaining about someones tattoos. 

Besides, that kid once grabbed me before I got run over by a fork truck coming around a blind corner.

Some of the youngsters I have worked with who have limited English skills have little idea what is and what is not appropriate for working in a low paying grunt job.  Should I care what the guy pumping out my septic tank is wearing ? 

How to explain to a New American, legal or not why they are offending someone with their choice of clothing when they see these very same shirts being worn by American kids their age.?  If American parents are not offended by the clothing, who am I a complete stranger to jack them up.?

At least the kid did not grab his crotch, and tell me to "eat this" as some cultures have been known to do.   First time I saw that happen I laughed so hard I had to sit down.

You have a nice clean desk job, you work with others that have education and a sense of impotence.  Same as when I was in Nursing, every thing cut and dried. There was a standard to uphold, reputations and lives  on the line.

5 years working with people that were rough and tumble people, lagging in the holes of ships of war, I learned one must get in there and do the job as as well as any man. no room for bitching about the red lead in my hair,  No fear of climbing down ladders that were 30 foot high or more, forget about the damage done to nails or trying to breath with a respirator doing AB removal.

Those were fun days, I learned to think like the men, drink like the men, and I had pride in my work.

The last 21 years I have worked in an environment of people that spoke 5 different languages, came out of the hell holes of the earth. 

I have no regrets about leaving the world of order and professionalism, never made as much money had I stayed------But it has been a Hell of a ride for me.

It was not the money I was interested in it was the excitement of learning from everyone I met.  All so different and strange to me.

Now as I get old and have been forced to retire due to medical problems, I miss those days of never knowing what comes next.

There has never been a time in my adult life that I have ever expected my boss to pamper me, keep me from being insulted or do anything but give me a pay check.

No way would outside of rape go to HR for anydamn thing but to check on my own personal finances.

I have learned that the very person that gives me the most trouble may be the first person to give me CPR or come to my aid in a time of need.   

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 06:22:06 AM »

It would be funny if they added Obama to the shirt! Would really irritate the dummies. :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2009, 08:25:30 AM »
Oh Good God!  My Boyfriend is SO getting that in his stocking for Christmas.

So is mine! lol