Author Topic: Obama, As A Figure And Force, Has Done More To Rekindle A Sense Of Hope In The W  (Read 951 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
OPERATIONMINDCRIME  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Oct-10-09 11:09 AM
Original message
Obama, As A Figure And Force, Has Done More To Rekindle A Sense Of Hope In The World Than Anyone In

history.

Some of that is due to him, some of that is due to timing, some of that is due to forces unknown. But collectively, that which is Obama both in figure and in force, has already brought an atmosphere of hope and visions of a better future to more people on a GLOBAL scale than any singular figure in history.

If you don't think that's worthy of a Nobel Prize, well then... wait... actually, who cares what you think...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6745301

He has brought hope to those who want the US to fail.

vadawg  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Oct-10-09 11:49 AM
Response to Reply #23
25. seems that is exactly what you are saying the world has renewed hope now that obama is here

i hate to break it to you, but theres a large percentage of his fellow countrymen who dont even feel this way, what makes you think that his coming has changed the way peoples across the world engage with each other, cause im sure as hell not seeing it.. can you list the peace accords that have came into effect, this mass outflowing of change and hope that has reached across all humanity...

:lmao:

BlooInBloo  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Oct-10-09 12:46 PM
Response to Reply #29
66. Most of the world was recently asked, actually....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091005/lf_nm_life/us_usa_s...

"NEW YORK (Reuters Life!) – The United States is the most admired country globally thanks largely to the star power of President Barack Obama and his administration, according to a new poll.

It climbed from seventh place last year, ahead of France, Germany, the United Kingdom and Japan which completed the top five nations in the Nation Brand Index (NBI).

"What's really remarkable is that in all my years studying national reputation, I have never seen any country experience such a dramatic change in its standing as we see for the United States for 2009," said Simon Anholt, the founder of NBI, which measured the global image of 50 countries each year.

He believes that during the previous administration of George W. Bush the United States suffered in the world ranking with its unpopular foreign policies but since Obama was elected, and despite the recent economic turmoil, the country's status has risen globally.

"There is no other explanation," Anholt said in an interview, referring to the impact of Obama."

Not surprising lord O shares their opinion that the US needs to be neutered and he is working on it bit by bit.
I miss the days when we were hated because we weren't about to apologize to the world for existing.

OPERATIONMINDCRIME  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Oct-10-09 11:45 AM
Response to Reply #14
22. Who Then?

I couldn't think of any. Other than Jesus, I couldn't find anyone who has reached as many, and across as many cultures, as Obama. Many others have inspired regionally, or have been catalysts in a series of events that ended up bringing hope, but none I have found can be credited with having directly inspired and overall changed the global atmosphere across so many regions, cultures and levels than Obama has.

Now like the Beatles Obama is bigger than Jesus.  :mental:

vadawg  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Oct-10-09 12:19 PM
Response to Reply #43
49. dude you need to leave new jersey sometime, you honestly believe that the people of the world are

just waiting with baited breath for the obama led change to their lives, if so i worry about you and the CO content of your abode...

Most of DU is doing just that.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Wow, a rare moment of DUmmyness for OMC. :whatever:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
Wow. This jackass is just dying to suck Nobama's cock.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Wow, a rare moment of DUmmyness for OMC. :whatever:

OMC has always been a DUmmy at heart. He does have moments where he is reasonable but he has always been a DUmmy. If a gay guy has sex with a woman on occasion that doesn't make him straight.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline jukin

Hope and $2.50 will buy you a cup of coffee.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
Sometimes I wonder if OMC isn't a very deep mole
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
The history of the world is a long, long time. His premise in that respect is absurd.

In modern days, I'd say Neville Chamberlain is an outstanding example of the "hope" he's talking about.

Other who kindled enormous hope in their populations would include Vladimir Lenin, and Adolf Hitler.

It's kind of strange that the generation of inordinate hope has so often been a forerunner of destruction.

So what DUmmy OMC is ascribing to the jug-eared Kenyan isn't necessarily praise in a historical sense.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Cred thread to keep him alive.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
Obama, As A Figure And Force, Has Done More To Rekindle A Sense Of Hope In The World Than Anyone In
history.

I can think of someone FAR better. In fact, Nobama isn't even worthy of washing his feet.

I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline thundley4

Funny thing about how America climbed the list of most admired countries. Last year , Europeans were polled and my a large majority, they wanted to see a weaker United States. Now that they got what they wanted, they admire us again.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Dr. Sima Samar risked her life for decades by providing schools and medical care for Afghan women and girls. She defied the Taliban and even her own family to bring even a small sliver of light to women who were beaten or killed for the crime of showing a bit of ankle. In a place where oppression and hopelessness seemed eternal, she gave these women and girls something greater than some abstract concept of "hope". In a country where they still struggle, my guess is these women woke up the morning the nobel prize was handed out feeling a renewed sense of joy because a man with absolutely no track record promised the world "hope and change", especially since they could actually read the news story themselves.

Dr. Mukwege stayed in the Congo when other doctors fled because he felt a sense of duty to the people of his county. He does what he can to repair the lives of women and girls, some as young as 8 years old who were not only brutally gang raped in front of their families but had their vaginas mutilated by guns, sticks, or whatever else rival soldiers could find. I can't imagine the horror of watching my precious daughter be so violently violated after having suffered such a horror myself. This destroys more than hope, it destroys one's soul. But then, by the grace of God (yes, there IS a church in this village of raped women...perhaps that was enough to keep Dr. Mukwege from the prize), they stumble into this hospital where the doctor does the best he can to repair their broken bodies and damaged hearts and minds. So I'm sure the lives of these women and girls and their families were greatly enriched by a "rekindled sense of hope in the world" that was due in part by good timing.

And imagine the relief of the mother of a 6 year old living in a part of the world all but forgotten by the rest of us. She watches her son run and play in a place that only a few months ago claimed the life of her neighbor's daughter. Her son can play here because Handicap International and Cluster Munition Coalition, at great personal risk and with no promise of well paying jobs for their spouses, removed several land mines in this poor village. So I'm sure such tangible and life-affirming change pales in comparison to words of hope and change deftly delivered while reading from a teleprompter and standing arrogantly between ancient-looking but fake pillars as if one were starring in an off-off-off Broadway production of "Something Happened On the Way to the Forum". But perhaps this is a village in Kenya who would weep for joy at the prospect of their native son (who can't bother to spare even 50 bucks to improve the lives of his own relatives) receiving such a prestigious award. At least she can, in some small way, vicariously share in this honor, especially since she no longer has to worry about her son losing a limb.

You can try to justify this award to someone whose accomplishments are extremely shallow and all but inadequate when compared to these other finalists. But the fact is, all these deeply committed and highly accomplished people who've faced much greater danger than a paper cut while reading the Harvard Law Review do more to illustrate what an empty suit 0bama is than fake columns and repetitive, hollow cries for "hope and change" ever could. Heck, I could understand this more if it was given for the work he did at Acorn. At least they pretend to be an organization that helps minorities and the poor when they're not helping to import underage girls for prostitution rings or registering Disney characters and dead people to vote. Obama should be embarrassed but he's too self-centered and egotistical for that. He should be ashamed to accept it when considering the truly deserving people he was up against. But again, he's too arrogant and self-serving to see what an utter fool this makes him. He's gone from boy-king to court jester and is so convinced of his own greatness he doesn't have the clarity to see. A word of warning though, DU, the world (and you on the left) loves it when we have a weak president, but regular Americans are just embarrassed by it. They're beginning to see the man who pretended to be a hawk is nothing more than a dove and pretty words don't equal action. The odds of him serving 2 terms, especially since Acorn won't be as effective as they've been in the past (can you say uber-scrutiny) are slim to none. If America could have a do-over right now knowing what they know those fake columns would be collecting dust before they ever got to be used.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
He has done nothing. NOTHING.

hope never fed a hungry child =o)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Yeah, it raises that feeling exactly the same way as does the second panel of a 'Peanuts' strip when it shows Lucy holding the football...only to see all hope dashed in the third panel.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Yeah, it raises that feeling exactly the same way as does the second panel of a 'Peanuts' strip when it shows Lucy holding the football...only to see all hope dashed in the third panel.

An H5 for that!  That's pretty funny!

:lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
OPERATIONMINDCRIME  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Oct-10-09 11:45 AM
Response to Reply #14
22. Who Then?

I couldn't think of any. Other than Jesus, I couldn't find anyone who has reached as many, and across as many cultures, as Obama. Many others have inspired regionally, or have been catalysts in a series of events that ended up bringing hope, but none I have found can be credited with having directly inspired and overall changed the global atmosphere across so many regions, cultures and levels than Obama has.

Let's see, who then? Oh I don't know, let me think a moment.. Who could it be...

Could it be... REAGAN?

Offline whiffleball

Sometimes I wonder if OMC isn't a very deep mole

I used to think so before he posted photos of his wife dying in her hospital bed on DU.  He's a DUmbass with rare flickers of sanity.