Author Topic: Sea World jammed full -- in this * economy?  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Sea World jammed full -- in this * economy?
« on: December 31, 2008, 10:12:47 AM »
I went to sea World, San Diego yesterday.  By early afternoon, it was (pardon the pun) jammed to the gills.  The line just to see the sharks was 25 minutes.

Fortunately, I saw all the "good" stuff in the morning.

Likewise, the Concierge Lounge here at the Marriott was also full -- it was impossible to fund a table to sit at and they ran out of hors d'oeuvres.

How is this possible in the beginning of a Depression worse than the Great Depression?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Sea World jammed full -- in this * economy?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 10:40:17 AM »
I dunno. The few places we've visited over the past three months have been jam packed as well.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 11:04:38 AM »
Isn't it obvious.  You are an EVIL RICH CAPITALISTIC BASTARD ..... and you are obviously hanging with the same.

:evillaugh:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 03:09:20 PM »
Were the people staring hungrily at the fish?

:lmao:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Online Rick

• Crazy old man
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 10:37:08 PM »
That funding for a table, is that "Pay for Play" thing? Is it illegal?

Seriously. At Knotts this last month they have had: the Service men get in free, the Police get in free, The bring a Toy for Tots get in free, and are starting the food drive get in free. Are you sure the was not a get in free promotion at Sea World?

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 07:49:25 AM »
If Sea World is that bad, I can't imagine how packed it is at the SD Zoo.

Dumbass me...I do miss SD.  Had I been able to stay there, I'd have done it in a heartbeat.  LOTS different than LA or even Orange County.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 08:18:44 AM »
Everywhere we've been the stores are packed, the malls are packed, the theaters are packed, the restaurants are overflowing...but, the economy sucks?  Maybe someone who knows somethings about economics can explain this to me. 

Jeez, the McDonald's franchises must be doing very badly since there's a line around the building for the drive through at the location near me every single day, no matter what time it is.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 08:23:01 AM »
If Sea World is that bad, I can't imagine how packed it is at the SD Zoo.

Dumbass me...I do miss SD.  Had I been able to stay there, I'd have done it in a heartbeat.  LOTS different than LA or even Orange County.

Went to Wild Animal Park yesterday. It was similar to Sea World.  We got there at 9:30, just after opening and the morning it was not that crowded.  By Noon, though, it was jammed and by the time we laft at 3:00 almost all the non-overflow parking was full.

Today we are going to the SD Zoo -- I expect it to be not too crowded but who knows.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 08:48:07 AM »
Went to Wild Animal Park yesterday. It was similar to Sea World.  We got there at 9:30, just after opening and the morning it was not that crowded.  By Noon, though, it was jammed and by the time we laft at 3:00 almost all the non-overflow parking was full.

Today we are going to the SD Zoo -- I expect it to be not too crowded but who knows.

Hit the panda exhibit FIRST, otherwise you'll be there all day and miss everything else.  I also recommend taking the Skyfari tram.  I think it's like $4 or $5, but WELL worth it.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 02:12:13 PM »
I last went to Sea World years ago. Shamu rocks!
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 09:38:50 AM »
I went to sea World, San Diego yesterday.  By early afternoon, it was (pardon the pun) jammed to the gills.  The line just to see the sharks was 25 minutes.

Fortunately, I saw all the "good" stuff in the morning.

Likewise, the Concierge Lounge here at the Marriott was also full -- it was impossible to fund a table to sit at and they ran out of hors d'oeuvres.

How is this possible in the beginning of a Depression worse than the Great Depression?

I love it when people try to make this claim while accessing the internet on their brand new iPhones.   ::)