Author Topic: Biden says deal near on stimulus plan  (Read 2434 times)

Offline thundley4

Biden says deal near on stimulus plan
« on: December 23, 2008, 04:40:48 PM »

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The incoming Obama administration is nearing agreement with congressional Democrats on a huge emergency spending bill intended to jolt the weak U.S. economy and create 3 million jobs over two years, Vice President-elect Joe Biden said on Tuesday.
Asked whether an agreement on the shape of the stimulus bill would be reached by Christmas, Biden said: "I think we're getting awful close to that."
But he refused to divulge how much the measure would cost taxpayers once the team of President-elect Barack Obama takes office on January 20.
In recent days, government sources have talked about moving a bill through Congress next month with a price tag in the range of $675 billion to $775 billion over two years.
Others have speculated on a somewhat larger overall expenditure to pay for road and bridge rebuilding, investments in mass transit systems, middle-class tax cuts and expanded aid for states and the poor.
BOHICA!!!

Praise the One He gawn save us all.
WTF?  President Bush should shut down every single economic stimulus plan that he can right now.  :censored: congress. 

Offline djones520

Re: Biden says deal near on stimulus plan
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 04:50:17 PM »
Roosevelts New Deal did nothing but drive the country deeper into the Great Depression and we where only pulled out by the timely event of WW2.

So I wonder if we're gonna be wishing for a resurgence of the Nazi party in a few years.....
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 05:29:50 PM »
Roosevelts New Deal did nothing but drive the country deeper into the Great Depression and we where only pulled out by the timely event of WW2.

So I wonder if we're gonna be wishing for a resurgence of the Nazi party in a few years.....
Why wait for one when you can create one?  Same idea, just swap skin color. That is the plan of the new fuhrer's handlers.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 05:44:28 PM »
Why wait for one when you can create one?  Same idea, just swap skin color. That is the plan of the new fuhrer's handlers.

It would have been better to cause the massive collapse after having his "civilian military" brigands brigades in place.  Also, after his Second Amendment policies need to be effective first.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 06:11:48 PM »
It would have been better to cause the massive collapse after having his "civilian military" brigands brigades in place.  Also, after his Second Amendment policies need to be effective first.

I wish duh Fuhrer the best of luck with his "second amendment policies".  I really do.  (You can stop laughing any time now  :evillaugh::hammer:

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 06:25:24 PM »
Biden promises no earmarks in stimulus plan.

Okay, it's official. Biden is an idiot if he thinks the the government can throw this kind of money around and congress critters don't direct some to their pet projects.  By it's very nature any stimulus plan will have to be targeted at specific industry/groups/taxpayers.

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 07:25:58 PM »
BOHICA!!!

Praise the One He gawn save us all.
WTF?  President Bush should shut down every single economic stimulus plan that he can right now.  :censored: congress

I don't think President Bush has any room to talk. He led the way in screwing over America!

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 07:32:26 PM »

I don't think President Bush has any room to talk. He led the way in screwing over America!

Exactly........................yet for the incoming, we're screwed
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 07:42:15 PM »
Economic "stimulus".  I can't even TYPE it with a straight face, let alone say it.  I just got my last pay statement for the year.

I got "stimulated" all I can handle, and then some.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 07:49:58 PM »

Bush's main problem , in my opinion, was in believing that he could be a "uniter".  He spent so much  money on leftist spending ideas, that he lost sight of what it meant to be conservative.  He failed completely at being a uniter, because nothing was going to please the moonbats after 2000/Florida, and in trying to do so, he lost the trust of most conservatives. (I think he is at least to blame as much as McCain for Obama being elected)

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 08:06:08 PM »
Bush's main problem , in my opinion, was in believing that he could be a "uniter".  He spent so much  money on leftist spending ideas, that he lost sight of what it meant to be conservative.  He failed completely at being a uniter, because nothing was going to please the moonbats after 2000/Florida, and in trying to do so, he lost the trust of most conservatives. (I think he is at least to blame as much as McCain for Obama being elected)

I agree, don't get me wrong I think Bush is a good man, he meant well but he made some monumental mistakes and the obamalama is going to quadruple those mistakes. The silver lining? Obamalama is well on his way to pissing off his base.   :-)  but yep, we're still screwed.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 09:15:46 PM »

Jr. should have learned from his father's that every-time he stuck his hand out to compromise with the Democrats, he got kicked in the balls. RINO's and moderate Repubs are stupid; compassionate conservatism to a lefty is like raising a white flag of surrender.

If dumb ass McCain had stayed at home and allowed Sarah barracuda to go after Obama and inform the public that she was going to be co-President, the Repubs might have won. Running another docile candidate in 012 will cause them to lose again. 

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 09:32:52 AM »
I am interested in the Obama tax cut I heard so much about, but I have heard so little about since november.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 10:08:18 AM »
I am interested in the Obama tax cut I heard so much about, but I have heard so little about since november.
If you have a job and earn over $30K, your tax cut will be $0.00. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 10:18:44 AM »
Stimulus plan?

Does that mean that someone is slated to tickle Biden with a feather? That'll stimulate him.

Freakin' asshat.  :loser:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2008, 03:34:53 PM »
I bet Obama wished he had picked someone else instead of a goofball like Biden for VP. This liar and plagiarizer duties will consist mainly of going to funerals. Biden better pack his bags cause his days in the W.H. are numbered. Either that or Obama will tell him to STFU. 

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 09:29:23 PM »
i thought plugs made it pretty clear that the VP was an executive branch job, so why is he getting involved in legislation?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 11:06:10 PM »
i thought plugs made it pretty clear that the VP was an executive branch job, so why is he getting involved in legislation?

Well, he's not yet resigned his senate seat. Since the Berg case is being deferred by SCOTUS until 9 Jan, the final protocols associated with the Electoral College haven't happened yet, either.

So he's still a sitting senator until when and if The Exalted One is anointed.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.