Author Topic: Those Soft-Voiced Anchors at NPR Make the Big Bucks  (Read 1540 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Those Soft-Voiced Anchors at NPR Make the Big Bucks
« on: December 12, 2008, 05:00:58 PM »
Josh Gerstein, a former reporter for ABC News and the New York Sun, blogged about how National Public Radio -- now laying off 64 employees and shutting down two programs -- has some perhaps surprising salary figures for a somewhat public media outlet:

NPR reported NPR reported its five highest paid employees were:
1. Managing Editor Barbara Rehm, $383,139
2. All Things Considered host Robert Siegel, $350,288
3. Morning Edition host Renee Montagne, $332,160
4. Morning Edition host Steve Inskeep, $331,242
5. NPR afternoon programming director Richard L. Harris, $190,267.

The most eye-catching salary ever reported on an NPR tax form is probably the $505,132 paid to broadcaster Bob Edwards in FY2004, the year he was ousted as host of Morning Edition, quit, and went to XM Radio. He hosted his last NPR show in April, five months before the end of the fiscal year, so the half-million dollar salary (presumably including some kind of severance) seems to have been for just seven months work....

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2008/12/12/those-soft-voiced-anchors-npr-make-big-bucks

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Those Soft-Voiced Anchors at NPR Make the Big Bucks
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 05:04:57 PM »
Which is why I contribute nothing to that haven of libtards. And I listen to it only until the liberalism prompts the gag reflex.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
Re: Those Soft-Voiced Anchors at NPR Make the Big Bucks
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 01:49:37 PM »
Which is why I contribute nothing to that haven of libtards. And I listen to it only until the liberalism prompts the gag reflex.
Which for me takes about 27 seconds, on average.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!