Author Topic: Chicago to Approve Public High School for Gay, Lesbian and Transgender Teens  (Read 6065 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Chicago to Approve Public High School for Gay, Lesbian and Transgender Teens

Chicago school officials plan to recommend opening a gay-friendly campus, citing studies that homosexual high school students have greater dropout rates than heterosexual teens.

The School for Social Justice Pride Campus, if approved, would be the city's first school for gay, lesbian and transgender students, The Chicago Tribune reported.

The final vote by the Board of Education is scheduled for Oct. 22.

Chicago Public Schools head Arne Duncan plans to ask the board to give the green light to that and 17 other schools, according to the Tribune.

"We want to create great new options for communities that have been traditionally underserved," he told the newspaper. "If you look at national studies, you see gay and lesbian students with high dropout rates ... I think there is a niche there we need to fill."

So here we go with more "special rights & protections for 'special' people'".  What happened to all those groups that fought against the idea of "separate but equal"?   :whatever:

MORE
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
What about all the poor kids who want to have sex with animals?!  Where is the justice?!!

:whatever:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Chris_

What about all the poor kids who want to have sex with animals?!  Where is the justice?!!

KC
They just post at the DUmp.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
I don't even want to know what the mascot would be.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Chris_

Trojan.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Speedy the Spirochette

The Inglewood Infections

The Raging Warts
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris_

Just imagine what kind of "shop classes" they will have...

*shudder*

...and there will be a fierce battle for Prom "Queen".   :rotf:

Offline thundley4

Good luck on getting their wrestling team any opponents willing to have matches.  :o

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Hey Fag, err I mean Fred Phelps are you going to protest this one?  :bird:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Chris_

The raging beaver.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Ironically, if they ever did get recognition for this deviant bullshit as a recognized group for Federal civil rights law purposes, they'd have to close the school down for segregation.

:evillaugh: 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

Ironically, if they ever did get recognition for this deviant bullshit as a recognized group for Federal civil rights law purposes, they'd have to close the school down for segregation.

:evillaugh: 
Nah, they'd just start forcing normal kids to ride the bus to the "special" school. :banghead:

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Just imagine what kind of "shop classes" they will have...

*shudder*

...and there will be a fierce battle for Prom "Queen".   :rotf:

In this context, the battle for prom "King" would be far more entertaining and bloody.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

undergroundpanther

Offline Lanie

So here we go with more "special rights & protections for 'special' people'".  What happened to all those groups that fought against the idea of "separate but equal"?   :whatever:

MORE

I've heard liberals make that exact argument against that type of school. I think it's meant to address the high dropout rates. Kids considered to be at risk have been pulled from the classroom to learn in another environment (which others screaming that inclusion is always the answer). I'm not completely sure this a bad thing. And if the gays were in another school, nobody could argue they're forcing their ways on the rest of the school.

on edit: I notice nobody here has addressed the dropout issue. Any alternative ideas on how to keep the gays from dropping out of school? I sort of think a start might be to address the bullying issue better than we do now. It's not just gays who are bullied. It's anybody RUMORED to be gay.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 11:03:58 PM by Lanie »
Happy Upcoming July 4th. Our country is still one of the best in the world.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
I've heard liberals make that exact argument against that type of school. I think it's meant to address the high dropout rates. Kids considered to be at risk have been pulled from the classroom to learn in another environment (which others screaming that inclusion is always the answer). I'm not completely sure this a bad thing. And if the gays were in another school, nobody could argue they're forcing their ways on the rest of the school.

on edit: I notice nobody here has addressed the dropout issue. Any alternative ideas on how to keep the gays from dropping out of school? I sort of think a start might be to address the bullying issue better than we do now. It's not just gays who are bullied. It's anybody RUMORED to be gay.

First off, if the junior queers didn't go around parading and showing off their sexuality, they wouldn't be as made fun of, and secondly.. they drop out, that is their OWN damn fault. EVERYBODY gets made fun in high school. It's just how ya deal with it.

Besides, isn't being queer or lezzie the new fad or whatever? I know it's "being bi" for women.... one step away from Girls Gone Wild.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!

MORE

Yes don't help them psychologically to deal with their homosexuality just throw them all together in a seperate school :whatever:....Liberals really know how to take a difficult situation and turn it into a disaster!
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!

KC
The justice you speak of is just waiting for a Democrat party committee to support them. Coming soon I assure you.

►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Chris_

Mudhens?   :gay:

Offline Lanie

First off, if the junior queers didn't go around parading and showing off their sexuality, they wouldn't be as made fun of, and secondly.. they drop out, that is their OWN damn fault. EVERYBODY gets made fun in high school. It's just how ya deal with it.

Besides, isn't being queer or lezzie the new fad or whatever? I know it's "being bi" for women.... one step away from Girls Gone Wild.

Showing off sexuality = Not going out with the opposite gender or simply not being as masculine/feminine as the others. Consequently, many who aren't gay at all are harassed. And I remember being "made fun of". It could be about name calling or it could be where people won't leave you alone, will physically assault you, etc. How insensitive can you possibly be?
Happy Upcoming July 4th. Our country is still one of the best in the world.

Offline jinxmchue

Their school spirit song: "We're FAAAAAAAA-BULOUTH!!!!"

Offline jinxmchue

MORE

Yep.  If someone else had wanted to segregate them, they would've cried bloody murder.  Ah, but it's quite alright for them to segregate themselves.  Makes perfect sense.   :whatever:  And, of course, it would be wrong if someone wanted to form a "straights only" school.

Hey, didn't they have a school like this in NYC that failed not too long ago?

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
Bullies and name callers have been around for eons. If they can't handle the heat, they need dropout and home school. Then they would have they're privacy. Why do we have to foot the bill for special schools?
There will always be "Battles" to fight.

Offline Chris_

Showing off sexuality = Not going out with the opposite gender or simply not being as masculine/feminine as the others. Consequently, many who aren't gay at all are harassed. And I remember being "made fun of". It could be about name calling or it could be where people won't leave you alone, will physically assault you, etc. How insensitive can you possibly be?

Boo freaking hoo. I was picked on for being small.  You gonna open a special school for short people?  How about ugly people?  Nerds?  Awkward?  Drama folk (Best Actor of the year, 1976, Thankyouverymuch)?  Band Nerds?

Why don't MY people get special protection?  Give the small/nerd/artist folk a ****in' tazer and let them zap Brad Rimshot on a regular basis.  I mean, you believe in fairness, right?

Offline Chris_

Bullies and name callers have been around for eons. If they can't handle the heat, they need dropout and home school. Then they would have they're privacy. Why do we have to foot the bill for special schools?

I generally don't put much in HS days, but I have always enjoyed firing the "BMOC" types when the opportunity presented itself.  As a small business owner and also as a senior manager.

Revenge may be sweet, but payback is MoFo.