Author Topic: Former Mr Gay UK 'slit lover's throat then marinated his diced flesh with herbs  (Read 760 times)

Offline bijou

A gay chef murdered his lover, cut out part of his leg, seasoned it with herbs and fried it, a court has heard.
Anthony Morley, 35, chewed one of the pieces before throwing it into his kitchen bin.

Morley, a former holder of the Mr Gay UK title, then walked to a nearby takeaway restaurant and told horrified staff: 'I have killed someone, call the police'.

Officers found the naked body of 33-year-old Damian Oldfield on the floor of Morley's bedroom, Leeds Crown Court was told.

He had been stabbed 20 times and his throat cut.

Morley later claimed Mr Oldfield had tried to rape him.

Prosecutor Andrew Stubbs QC, warned jurors that details of the case were 'unpleasant and disturbing.'

He added: 'In carrying out your task in this trial you must not allow the horror of what took place to cloud your calm assessment of the evidence.'

He said the two men had known each other for some years.

Mr Oldfield was openly gay and worked selling advertising space for a homosexual lifestyle magazine.

He was described as ' flirtatious, promiscuous, naturally outgoing and bubbly'.

Morley was 'less sure about his sexuality' and had had relationships with both men and women.

He had won the first Mr Gay UK contest in 1993.

On the day of the murder, in April, the two exchanged text messages during the afternoon and later met in a bar in Leeds, where they both lived.

In the texts Morley told Mr Oldfield he had 'never been properly happy being gay'. Mr Oldfield replied: 'Try me...I'm not your average poof.'

They exchanged increasingly affectionate messages and arranged to meet, with Morley stressing he 'wanted to take it slow'.

Later that night they ended up in Morley's bedroom, the court heard. They had been drinking beer and were both around three times the legal limit for driving.

Forensic experts later found evidence that there had been sexual activity.

Mr Stubbs said Morley used two knives taken from the kitchen downstairs to kill Mr Oldfield.

link

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Hmmmph.  Hardly sounds like the proper manner with which to treat a houseguest.  Not fitting.  Not fitting at all.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Hmmmph.  Hardly sounds like the proper manner with which to treat a houseguest.  Not fitting.  Not fitting at all.
Indeed.

One does not serve chardonnay with red meat. Considering the selection, perhaps a blush would have been more appropriate.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline lastparker

Not at all!  And he didn't even prepare a proper first course.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

..."I ate his liver, with some fava beans and a nice chianti."
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Airwolf

Holy crap!!!! No wonder fast food is so popular.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
Morley, a former holder of the Mr Gay UK title, then walked to a nearby takeaway restaurant and told horrified staff: 'I have killed someone, call the police'.

No mention as to whether he walked over wearing pumps or flats.  Maybe that bit of info was in the fashion section of the paper.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.