Author Topic: Conservative Diocese to Split From Episcopal Church  (Read 507 times)

Offline MrsSmith

Conservative Diocese to Split From Episcopal Church
« on: October 04, 2008, 02:38:43 PM »
Conservative Diocese to Split From Episcopal Church

MONROEVILLE, Pa. —  Clergy and lay members of the theologically conservative Pittsburgh diocese voted overwhelmingly Saturday to break from the liberal Episcopal Church.

The votes counted after Saturday's vote were 240 in favor of leaving the church and 102 against. Six people abstained from voting, and two ballots were declared ineligible.

The Pittsburgh diocese is one of several that disagrees with the U.S. church on Biblical teachings on salvation and other issues including homosexuality.

>>>

"The church became as gray as the culture," said Alison McFarland, who voted for the split. "Undefined Christianity became the problem, and now the church is indistinguishable from the world."

Jhn 17:16   "They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Conservative Diocese to Split From Episcopal Church
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 02:49:57 PM »
The Episcopal Church started downhill when they started allowing gays and women to become "priests". There are still some true Episcopal Churches out there and many are attempting to get away from the Diocese.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jim

Re: Conservative Diocese to Split From Episcopal Church
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 07:33:59 PM »
There's a complete reform branch here that I suspect this diocese will likely join.
The priest that married me took his church in D-FW that way, God bless him !
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.