Author Topic: 'Lifesaver' Bottle Purifies Water in Seconds  (Read 876 times)

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
'Lifesaver' Bottle Purifies Water in Seconds
« on: October 04, 2008, 01:06:17 PM »
There's a reason they call it the "Lifesaver."

On the outside, it looks like an ordinary sports bottle. On the inside, there's a miracle: an extremely advanced filtration system that makes murky water filled with deadly viruses and bacteria completely clean in just seconds.

The Lifesaver removes 99.999 percent of water-borne pathogens and reduces heavy metals like lead, meaning even the filthiest water can be cleaned — immediately.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354735,00.html

Now that is just fracking cool!
I had no idea this device existed yet always thought it should.
I am pleased to see these filtration devices are making it to the men and women in the military!

These units run around 230 bucks but I think it is worth the cost under the applications they were designed for.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=lifesavers&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=2343451521&ref=pd_sl_242m253v1j_b

http://www.lifesaversystems.com/

►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline bijou

Re: 'Lifesaver' Bottle Purifies Water in Seconds
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 01:18:36 PM »
I've got something rather cheaper but along the same lines as part of my emergency preparedness pack. 

http://www.istraw.co.uk/what_is_istraw/what_is_istraw.html

What is iStraw?
iStraw is a lightweight portable water purification drinking straw fitted with a special membrane, which uses Micro-filtration technology to clean your water rather than expensive and bad tasting water cleaning tablets.

iStraw is suitable for personal use to help protect you, your family and friends against waterborne bacteria and protozoa that are present in the drinking water and ice of many countries abroad; helping to prevent illness, sickness and diarrhoea.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 01:37:48 PM »
I just use these:

(someone HAD to do it!)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 01:48:24 PM »
A picture is worth a 1000 words. :innocent:
There will always be "Battles" to fight.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 04:30:08 PM »
I have one of these in the back of my truck:

Katadyn Hiker Water Filter (Spring 2008) The Hiker Water Filter by Katadyn is a backpackers' favorite high-output microfilterFeatures:Very compact and lightweight - only 11 oz! AntiClog pleated cartridge requires no maintenance Outdoor market's number-one-selling microfilter Chosen in.Best in the bunch by a long shotin. in major test for ease-of-useMicrofiltration Method: AntiClog technology: 129 square inches of pleated 0.3 micron glassfiber media. Activated Carbon Core: reduces unpleasant tastes and odors from water.Output: Up to 1 quart (1 liter) per minute or 48 strokes per quart Cartridge Capacity: Up to 200 gallons, depending on water quality Weight: 11 oz.Height: 6.5in.Hose Length: 36in.Includes: Prefilter, Universal Bottle Adaptor and Carry Bag"

I used it in the mountains in Washington.  The thing is so tiny you barely notice it and the water tastes great when it's filtered!

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 06:17:42 PM »
When they're able to make it more compact, I can envision the "Lifesaver" bottle becoming a part of a military aviator's survival eqpt.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson