Author Topic: Whenever I run into an acquaintance I've not seen for a while and they ask "How  (Read 698 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211515790

Wed Dec 5, 2018, 03:54 PM
Atticus (4,679 posts)

Whenever I run into an acquaintance I've not seen for a while and they ask "How ya' doin'?",

I've started responding "I liked it better when I lived in a democracy." The reactions range from "I know what you mean! Me, too!" to Why would you say something like that?"

The former are folks I'll be happy to greet next time I see them. The latter I will hope to see first so I can avoid them.

I'm too old to waste time with the willfully ignorant.

Hey old man, how ya doin?  By the way, it's interesting to note you say you can't waste time with the willfully ignorant, yet you claim to have lived in a democracy at some point in time.  Can you run over here and explain how that worked?  I've never lived in democracy and it would be interesting to hear your tales of how it works.  I've always lived in a Constitutional Republic, and it's awesome!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
When exactly did our democracy end?  Who teaches these ignorant twits such behavior & lack of critical thought?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ADsOutburst

So, according to this poster, we no longer have democracy. And yet, Trump allowed the dems to re-take the house just... because... he wanted to be a little fairer or something?  :???:

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
When exactly did he live in a democracy?

Offline SVPete

I must be weird. Every friend I can think of, we have better things to chat about than politics.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
I wonder what the idiot thinks he's lìving in ñow?

No I dòn't. I don't give a shit what a DUmmy thinks.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 07:12:11 PM by Skul »
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”