Author Topic: jackpiners trashing AT&T just like Skins's primitives did  (Read 1278 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
jackpiners trashing AT&T just like Skins's primitives did
« on: April 17, 2018, 09:11:15 PM »
https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/our-strange-encounter-with-att-and-spectrum-today/

Oh my.

Ohio Barbarian (8407 posts)    April 17, 2018 at 5:29 pm

Our Strange Encounter with AT&T and Spectrum today

Today, my wife opened the AT&T internet bill. $109 for one month, with a $40 overusage charge, and this was after last month’s bill of $59. Our internet use patterns are unchanged. If anything, usage dropped because my stepson’s been staying at his girlfriend’s more(no video games). So that made no sense. Then she saw the flyer in the bill, saying we were paying too much and should contact them about better, less expensive bundled service.

We only have internet, you see. I canceled their phone service long ago for they usual pissed-off customer reasons and will not consider going back again.

So Mrs. Barbarian called Spectrum and asked about their bundled internet and phone plan–no cable TV with them ever again, ever–and got a quote for a higher speed internet and phone service for a flat $69 a month.

Not quite 4 hours later, a Russian AT&T salesman rang the door bell. Yes, a Russian. Russian name, Russian accent, Russian features–there’s thousands of Russian immigrants in the Cleveland area. This was just an observation; they’re mostly nice people and have added to the local cuisine, so that’s all good. If anything in this story is coincidence, it’s the fact that the salesman was Russian.

Anyway, the guy said he knew we were considering switching to Spectrum, and should call the main AT&T phone line and tell them that and we’d get a great offer for better and cheaper bundled services. He knew we had done that. He brought it up, not us. Of course, Mrs. Barbarian took full advantage of the opportunity for her to tell this guy wearing an AT&T shirt and ID badge exactly why AT&T sucked in colorfully detailed language that would make an accountant scream for mercy.

I have excellent distant vision. I could read what was on our Russian salesman’s clipboard. It was the name and address of every AT&T customer on our street.

So. How did AT&T know we had contacted a competitor’s website? Or is this coincidence? Your speculation is welcome.

Doremus Jessup (3506 posts)    (Reply to original post)   April 17, 2018 at 5:51 pm

1. I think all of these companies are in collusion in each area they service.

I have 2 choices. Comcast or At & T. Hate them both. Hated At & T 1st so when my Comcast 2 year agreement was up, I got slammed with a bill like the one you got, Internet only , was $39 and went up to $130. Now it is $82 a month for internet only. These companies cannot stand not have you “enlisted” for 24 or 36 months. Phone companies/cable companies, doesn’t matter. Ever tried to get them to stop billing after someone has died? Good luck with that. Another reason not to “tag on” to someone else’s phone bill. My friends girlfriend died a year ago last week. At & T are trying to stick him with a $4,000 bill. He never signed any form/contract or had even a handshake with these people and they are shitting on his credit and probably will until he dies.

I think they buy each others stock, to a point, and those at the top play games and rake in even way more than thier annual salaries.

Ohio Barbarian (8407 posts)    (Reply to Doremus Jessup - post #1)   April 17, 2018 at 5:58 pm

2. Thanks; we suspected something like that. Information-sharing. Yeah, they're really in competition with each other, aren’t they?

If your friend really wants to get that shit off his credit, I have a suggestion. Contact Sky Blue. They’re associated with a law firm and just barrage the credit bureaus with dispute letters for $75 a month. We used them to get Crime Warner’s false charges deleted from my credit reports, and they did it within two months.

glinda (2546 posts)    (Reply to original post)   April 17, 2018 at 6:18 pm

4. Isn’t phone from Spectrum through ATT?

warning that they like to raise rates lately. You may be on a temporary lower rate but they hike them up as soon as that time expires. They might all do that really.

Also, to be noted, is that Spectrum no longer works with Apple iCloud mail services in as far as sending out normal emails. Their goal appears to discourage Mac use in favor of PC. Apple did not even receive notice until after the fact.

Ohio Barbarian (8407 posts)    (Reply to glinda - post #4)   April 17, 2018 at 6:22 pm

5. We will pay close attention. Right now our phone service is through Vonage, for about $36 a month. They started at 18 for the first year. Most cellphones don’t work in the house or in those of our neighbors. We’re in such a dead zone it’s not funny.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Re: jackpiners trashing AT&T just like Skins's primitives did
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 08:02:01 AM »
My friends girlfriend died a year ago last week. At & T are trying to stick him with a $4,000 bill. He never signed any form/contract or had even a handshake with these people and they are shitting on his credit and probably will until he dies.

Why do they lie all the time?  Unless he was a co-signer on her account, this didn't happen.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 08:52:01 AM »
The jackers ( :jerkit:) are just figuring out the service provider hustle/shuffle? When your current plan is up call your provider and tell them to cancel your service. They will either reverse the rate increase or you have the option to bail to a different provider with a new customer promotion. Your current provider should do what they can to keep you as a customer especially if you pay your bills on time.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 05:05:20 PM »
The jackers ( :jerkit:) are just figuring out the service provider hustle/shuffle? When your current plan is up call your provider and tell them to cancel your service. They will either reverse the rate increase or you have the option to bail to a different provider with a new customer promotion. Your current provider should do what they can to keep you as a customer especially if you pay your bills on time.

Sirius/XM is notorious for making you go through this.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 07:35:16 AM »
Sirius/XM is notorious for making you go through this.
The only time I used XM is when they gave it to you for free when buying a vehicle from a dealership.

I can stream from my iPhone to my vehicle's audio system via BT. Cheaper being able to stream Amazon Prime music, iTunes music, iHeartRadio, Pandora or TuneIn Radio than pay for a service that is not as reliable and has fewer choices.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke