Author Topic: white or black, who's right?  (Read 1079 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
white or black, who's right?
« on: April 16, 2018, 01:43:43 PM »
https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/there-is-no-white-jesus/

Oh my, the jackpiners debating evolution.

ElfinWilde (348 posts)    April 15, 2018 at 11:57 am

"There is no white Jesus"

A few years back, I was in a classroom with a bunch of students aged about 15 or 16 who didn’t have enough work to keep then seriously busy. So they were talking.

I heard a comversation between a Latino boy (L)  and a blond, blue eyed boy (BBE) about jobs, discrimination, racism.

When the dialog started to get a bit heated, I interceded with, “Come on guys!  It’s 2015; isn’t it time we get past all of this racist garbage?”

I don’t remember what BBE said next, but I responded with the fact that scientists had discovered that all people started out as black and that white skin was actually a mutation.

BBE’s response was something along the lines of don’t give me any of that evolutionary crap.

Seeing that scientific fact wasn’t going to cut any ice with this kid, I answered, “Well, Jesus was brown.”

L pumped his fist and said, “YESSS! as BBE spat out, “WHO TOLD YOU THAT??!!??!!!”

Me:  “Uhh, he was Middle Eastern.”

I still smile when I remember his gobsmacked look at that.

Oh, I dunno.  It sounds like a bouncy to me.

<<<grew up among people predominately of Danish derivation; tall, blue-eyed, blond.

<<<they, and I, always figured Christ looked like the people who then lived in northern Israel, whatever it was they looked like.

Aldroud (1322 posts)    (Reply to original post)   April 16, 2018 at 7:49 am

8. Hate to tell you this, but you're wrong

When the hominids first shed their total body covering of hair, their skin was pinkish-white.  The hair they did retain on their heads was tight and curley, much akin to the “Afro”.  Skin pigmentation became evolutionary advantage only when Africa experienced extensive deforestation and hominds forced onto the plains.

Okay, someone illuminate, please.  I've never been much into science, so I really don't know.

Which jackpiner is right?  We all were originally black, or we all were originally white?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline landofconfusion80

Re: white or black, who's right?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 02:10:22 PM »
Everyone was Asian. It's complicated.

In reality,  humanity most likely came from a variety of interbreeding sources. New branches of the human family tree always being discovered. See denisovians, etc. There is even some thought that certain frenchmen have traces of neanderthal ancestry.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 03:02:20 PM »
Everyone was Asian. It's complicated.

In reality,  humanity most likely came from a variety of interbreeding sources. New branches of the human family tree always being discovered. See denisovians, etc. There is even some thought that certain frenchmen have traces of neanderthal ancestry.

I find it fascinating, the way primitives are obsessed with the color of skin, even though it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with "race," another thing that seems to obsess them.

Such as when Lamond, the MrsCorpio primitive, gets all orgiastic over the black skin of the predecessor to the current president, as if that made him, well, "black" in the same sense that Lamond is.

Even though I'm pretty white, I have no doubt that my not-so-long ago ancestors on my mother's side were sort of tawny, with maybe a touch of purple, from the way my mother and one of my brothers was (not nearly as white as those in the rest of the family).

But it's nothing for me to waste a whole lot of time obsessing over.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 03:57:48 AM »
I don’t remember what BBE said next, but I responded with the fact that scientists had discovered that all people started out as black and that white skin was actually a mutation.

That is not a scientific certainty in that modern primates have a range of skin colors and there is no genetic material old enough to determine which came first. At any rate, ever the first skin cold would have been a genetic mutation since we are taught that we came from a single-celled organism and every biological addition from that point on was a mutation.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.