Author Topic: primitives describe what they had for supper Sunday evening  (Read 1666 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives describe what they had for supper Sunday evening
« on: April 15, 2018, 09:42:12 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/115771636

Oh my.

NJCher (21,465 posts)     Sun Apr 15, 2018, 05:12 PM

What's for Dinner, Sun., Apr. 15, 2018

We're having a casual buffet-style dinner because the new season of Bosch is out and we'll start our binge watching tonight!

Tortilla chips with homemade guacamole. Shrimp guacamole has cherry tomatoes, spring scallion, olive oil, garlic. Cilantro, finely chopped.

Ribeyes, cubed, simmered in spicy sauce.

Pizza from Whole Foods. One is a feta spinach pizza and the other marguerite.

<<<wonders if Ms. Vanderbilt-Astor's aware that her signature line, an arte nouveau stylized cat, looks more like a fireplace poker than a cat.

janterry (1,661 posts)      Sun Apr 15, 2018, 05:18 PM

1. Vegetarian Pot Pie

Made with lentils, carrots, celery, tomatoes, onion and other things .

I put it all in the crock pot and baked a topping on during the last hour of cooking (ezpz).

Also, we have some herbed scones I made this morning.

Wow.

That's weird.

franksolich had a chicken pot pie for breakfast this morning, and then in mid-afternoon, two apples, one as lunch the other as supper.

<<<has saved enormously on grocery bills the past year.

Liberal Jesus Freak (1,119 posts)      Sun Apr 15, 2018, 05:24 PM

2. Leftover rib roast...

...cubed and simmered in beef broth, red wine, carrots & onions. Served over mashed potatoes

saidsimplesimon (2,675 posts)      Sun Apr 15, 2018, 05:45 PM

3. Leftovers today.....

PJMcK (6,579 posts)      Sun Apr 15, 2018, 05:51 PM

4. Buffalo Chicken wings

Barbecue sauce and blue cheese dressing for dipping.

Green salad and French bread.

Orange sherbet and coffee.

Yonnie3 (2,523 posts)      Sun Apr 15, 2018, 06:31 PM

5. Soup

I just finished making a pot of beans in ham stock with ham and veggies. I did a long soak instead of the the quick method and these just melt in your mouth.

I'm not sure what will go with it. Lots of choices. I'll wait until TJ arises.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Re: primitives describe what they had for supper Sunday evening
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 07:30:29 AM »
These idiots sure do eat a lot of lentils.  Their carbon footprint from methane alone rivals that of a large SUV.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 07:45:19 AM »
These idiots sure do eat a lot of lentils.  Their carbon footprint from methane alone rivals that of a large SUV.

It seems they go for foods that, really, have never been part of the American culture, the American experience.

Lentils, kale, tofu, &c., &c., &c.

It's kind of like Hindus all of a sudden avid for hamburgers.

I don't think they go for it because it's healthier--which it might, or might not, be--but simply because it's not "American."

And there's other stupid reasons the primitives have for liking weird foods, such as the time, shortly after the predecessor to President Trump was first elected ten years ago, when Mrs. Alfred Packer, the hippywife primitive, made up a batch of "African goat's head stew," as she wanted to "share" in the experiences of half of the new "black" president's ancestors.

Most people eat merely because it helps them survive; primitives eat to make political statements.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 08:23:57 AM »
Unless "Liberal Jesus Freak" is over 50 he probably doesn't know what "Jesus Freak" means, and unless he's 60+ I doubt he is one.

A Jesus Freak is a formerly drugged out hippie who turned to Jesus, turning their life around. I'm just old enough, but never did the drugs and hippie things.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 08:57:14 AM »
janterry (1,661 posts)      Sun Apr 15, 2018, 05:18 PM

1. Vegetarian Pot Pie

Made with lentils, carrots, celery, tomatoes, onion and other things .

I realize that could be tasty, if properly seasoned, but it probably looked pretty unappetizing. For vegans and vegetarians who won't eat dairy, legumes are probably their primary source of protein.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 01:14:22 PM »
I realize that could be tasty, if properly seasoned, but it probably looked pretty unappetizing. For vegans and vegetarians who won't eat dairy, legumes are probably their primary source of protein.

If that's what they're doing, they're pretty stupid to be doing it.

If they want protein, they might as well buy something similar with what's here (cases and cases of it, actually), Ensure Enlive, an energy drink with lots and lots of non-dairy protein.

One simply drinks it from the bottle; no preperation needed, no dirty dishes to clean.

Why primitives always have to make things so difficult for themselves, I dunno.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 06:43:34 PM »
It seems they go for foods that, really, have never been part of the American culture, the American experience.

Lentils, kale, tofu, &c., &c., &c.

It's kind of like Hindus all of a sudden avid for hamburgers.

I don't think they go for it because it's healthier--which it might, or might not, be--but simply because it's not "American."

And there's other stupid reasons the primitives have for liking weird foods, such as the time, shortly after the predecessor to President Trump was first elected ten years ago, when Mrs. Alfred Packer, the hippywife primitive, made up a batch of "African goat's head stew," as she wanted to "share" in the experiences of half of the new "black" president's ancestors.

Most people eat merely because it helps them survive; primitives eat to make political statements.

You got it!
It's also because they, like always, want to feel more "Enlightened" than those normal people around them.