Author Topic: primitives discuss gun control movement being too white  (Read 2453 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives discuss gun control movement being too white
« on: March 29, 2018, 02:52:05 PM »
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100210429421

Oh my.

What the primitives don't think of must be a mighty short list.

SpicyBoi (91 posts)     Thu Mar 29, 2018, 03:25 PM

BBC: Is the gun control movement too white?

Protesters are being accused of hypocrisy, as some ask why they didn't turn out for the Black Lives Matter movement, which was set up in 2013 to end police violence against black people and highlight the impact of gun violence in ethnic minority communities.

We should really analyze how we're pushing our message going forward as we want to be inclusive to everyone's opinions. I thought this was some food for thought. Link below:

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-43541179

BeyondGeography (30,435 posts)      Thu Mar 29, 2018, 03:26 PM

1. Was that question ever asked of the NRA?

SpicyBoi (91 posts)      Thu Mar 29, 2018, 03:28 PM

3. There's an expectation of diversity on the Left

...since we preach it. Not so much on the Right.

IronLionZion (21,644 posts)      Thu Mar 29, 2018, 03:35 PM

14. Yes, their lack of diversity has been noted

so they promptly hired women and black people to be media personalities on their videos. They claim their female membership is way up.

Not much luck with black people since they completely ignored the rights of law abiding black people to not be shot and killed by police.*

*or not to be shot and killed by other black people.

tazkcmo (5,631 posts)      Thu Mar 29, 2018, 03:29 PM

6. Strange question

I feel like it's not white enough. AA's have been getting gunned down for literally centuries and have been the faces I've seen protesting until recently. I guess the BBC thinks this is a new thing. Unfortunately, resistance and protest have been going on for a long time but not enough cared so much until the white, suburban world was attacked, imo.

LanternWaste (29,870 posts)      Thu Mar 29, 2018, 03:35 PM

13. I've seen no objective evidence validating the premise

I've seen no objective evidence validating the premise the current movement is too white or intolerant of diversity. It appears the author of the piece predicated his conclusion on examples rather than evidence.

poboy2 (1,526 posts)      Thu Mar 29, 2018, 03:36 PM
response to original post

15. Bullshit meant to navel gaze and divide. **** this.

wasupaloopa (1,076 posts)      Thu Mar 29, 2018, 03:38 PM

20. at all the rallies last weekend there was talk about shootings of all kinds in all places. There

two black students at our rally and there were more than that in Washington.

This is just another bull shit knock the left OP.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Undies

Re: primitives discuss gun control movement being too white
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 03:06:54 PM »
Once again, as usual for leftists-liberals, black people cannot make up their own minds whether to join or not.  They have to be "included", by white liberals, or the black folks won't find their way.

This "do-good" racism makes me sick.  How long will blacks be thought of and treated like children?  Black Americans will not be truly free until the lefty-liberals leave them the hell alone to live their lives.   

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 03:14:39 PM »
How long will blacks be thought of and treated like children?  Black Americans will not be truly free until the lefty-liberals leave them the hell alone to live their lives.

Well, as you and I know, sir, more than 150 years after the end of the Civil War, the Democrats, liberals, and primitives still haven't lost their slave-owner mentality.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 03:51:16 PM »
Quote from:
tazkcmo

I feel like it's not white enough. AA's have been getting gunned down for literally centuries and have been the faces I've seen protesting until recently. Unfortunately, resistance and protest have been going on for a long time but not enough cared so much until the white, suburban world was attacked.

Since when? Blacks have protested their own being shot by law enforcement, specifically white law enforcement. I've never seen them protest guns in general or specifically target black on black crime. I've never seen them protest en masse street gangs. That would be a really good place to start.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 03:57:11 PM »
Nearly all leftist protester groups are "Too white," at least by their standards. The pro- abortion activists, the environmental activists, the Communist/ Anarchist groups, and ESPECIALLY the gay- rights activists tend to be almost exclusively lily- white.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 04:02:38 PM »
There is a reason the gun control movement is so white. Gun control laws were originally meant to disarm the black man to keep him from protecting himself against the Klan, aka the democrats enforcement arm.

Also. black criminals don't want gun control, because they want more legal guns available for them to steal and sell in Chicago.   :whistling:

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 07:32:59 PM »
I caught a bit of Face the Nation the other day.  Oh yeah,  I will post a link, check at about 19:00 in, Too White??   Naw.  :rotf:

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/325-sen-mark-warner-sen-joni-ernst-march-for-our-lives-organizers/

Black kids in Chicago?  Nope.  Not a one in sight. 

I appologize but it had to be done.  Not 'New Kids on the Block', Priviliged White Kids on TV. :thatsright:

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 01:40:56 PM »
Like I need to listen to a kid with his hat on backwards! :thatsright: :loser: :loser:

Go eat some tide pods kid. :bird:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 10:55:36 PM »
Nearly all leftist protester groups are "Too white," at least by their standards. The pro- abortion activists, the environmental activists, the Communist/ Anarchist groups, and ESPECIALLY the gay- rights activists tend to be almost exclusively lily- white.

Revolutions eat their young.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 12:24:14 AM »
I would almost bet that there is a higher non-white percentage of NRA members (or legal gun owners) than active non-white anti-gun protesters.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline lastparker

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2018, 08:15:41 AM »
the Black Lives Matter movement, which was set up in 2013 to end police violence against black people and highlight the impact of gun violence in ethnic minority communities.

NOBODY got that memo.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 10:42:16 AM »
"Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake."
Napoleon Boneaparte

"Nappy, ol' chap, sounds like you need to take a dose of your own advice."
-Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington, Commander of Forces that defeated Napoleon at Waterloo
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 11:45:15 AM »
the Black Lives Matter movement, which was set up in 2013 to end police violence against black people and highlight the impact of gun violence in ethnic minority communities.

That should read "the Black Lives Matter movement, which was set up in 2013 to end police violence against black thugs and criminals and ignore the impact of gun violence in ethnic minority communities by those minorities."
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 05:39:03 AM »
That should read "the Black Lives Matter movement, which was set up in 2013 to end police violence against black thugs and criminals and ignore the impact of gun violence in ethnic minority communities by those minorities."
Here's a thought:
Collectively, the black community approves of black on black violence, has zero interest in stopping it and that would explain the lack of color at these marches. Two issues that at the surface would seem to come together.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline sneakypete1

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 08:55:08 AM »
Well, as you and I know, sir, more than 150 years after the end of the Civil War, the Democrats, liberals, and primitives still haven't lost their slave-owner mentality.

BINGO! Blacks will be treated as pets until they are no longer useful as tools,and then they will be treated like abandoned pets,left alone to die in the cold. Blacks are nothing more than a means to an end for the left.