Author Topic: VIDEO: Democrats Will Soon Become Signature Verification Fanatics Again  (Read 607 times)

Offline pjcomix

The Governor Gavin Newsom recall effort in California which has been gaining momentum is sure to highlight the hypocrisy of the the Democrats when they make every effort to carefully verify each and every signature on the petitions. Yes, the same Democrats who refused to allow signature verification for the mail in ballots for the November 2020 election will shift gears to go full signature verification in the near future.

https://rumble.com/vcjunx-democrats-will-soon-become-signature-verification-fanatics-again.html

Offline SVPete

Re: VIDEO: Democrats Will Soon Become Signature Verification Fanatics Again
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 01:22:28 PM »
Being a decades-long resident of and voter in California, I can say with confidence that both 2020's mail-in/drop-off ballots and previous years' ballots had to be signed by the one voting and there was a warning that the signature had to match the signature on the voter's original registration.

Please make claims like, "Yes, the same Democrats who refused to allow signature verification for the mail in ballots for the November 2020 election ...," more carefully.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 01:27:26 PM »
Being a decades-long resident of and voter in California, I can say with confidence that both 2020's mail-in/drop-off ballots and previous years' ballots had to be signed by the one voting and there was a warning that the signature had to match the signature on the voter's original registration.

Please make claims like, "Yes, the same Democrats who refused to allow signature verification for the mail in ballots for the November 2020 election ...," more carefully.

Been meaning to post a link to this:

This is a major election year. Unfortunately, our two major political parties — Democratic and Republican — continue to disagree on some of the rules that apply to the administration of our elections. This divide is perhaps most contentious when the issue becomes one of whether voters should present photo identification to vote.

Twenty-seven states require or request some form of ID to vote. Supporters of this policy argue that if voters identify themselves before voting, election fraud will be reduced. Opponents of an ID requirement fear it will disenfranchise voters, especially the poor, members of minority groups and the elderly, who are less likely than other voters to have suitable identification. The debate is polarized because most of the proponents are Republicans and most of the opponents are Democrats.

In 2005, we led a bipartisan Commission on Federal Election Reform and concluded that both parties' concerns were legitimate — a free and fair election requires both ballot security and full access to voting. We offered a proposal to bridge the partisan divide by suggesting a uniform voter photo ID, based on the federal Real ID Act of 2005, to be phased in over five years. To help with the transition, states would provide free voter photo ID cards for eligible citizens; mobile units would be sent out to provide the IDs and register voters. (Of the 21 members of the commission, only three dissented on the requirement for an ID.)

No state has yet accepted our proposal. What's more, when it comes to ID laws, confusion reigns. The laws on the books, mainly backed by Republicans, have not made it easy enough for voters to acquire an ID. At the same time, Democrats have tended to try to block voter ID legislation outright instead of seeking to revise that legislation to promote accessibility. When lower courts have considered challenges to state laws on the question of access, their decisions have not been consistent. And in too many instances, individual judges have appeared to vote along partisan lines.

Who might you ask wrote this?

The Reverend Doctor Jimmy Carter and James A. Baker III.

https://www.cartercenter.org/news/editorials_speeches/voter_id.html
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 01:46:51 PM »
Twenty-seven states require or request some form of ID to vote. Supporters of this policy argue that if voters identify themselves before voting, election fraud will be reduced. Opponents of an ID requirement fear it will disenfranchise voters, especially the poor, members of minority groups and the elderly, who are less likely than other voters to have suitable identification.

The left refuses to acknowledge or care that a vote from a person who is not registered to vote disenfranchises the votes of legal registered voters.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 03:46:13 PM »
I absolutely reject the premise that the poor don’t have ID’s. I don’t believe that for a nano second. Prove me wrong.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 03:56:20 PM »
I absolutely reject the premise that the poor don’t have ID’s. I don’t believe that for a nano second. Prove me wrong.

KC

Of course it is a false premise.  It takes an ID of some sort to do most anything in society, from opening a library card or bank account, buying alcohol, boarding a plane...the list goes on.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2021, 05:43:17 PM »
Of course it is a false premise.  It takes an ID of some sort to do most anything in society, from opening a library card or bank account, buying alcohol, boarding a plane...the list goes on.

Drawing welfare or getting Medicaid. Programs for the poor.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen