Author Topic: You know what is NOT happening in Baltimore?  (Read 1568 times)

Offline CC27

You know what is NOT happening in Baltimore?
« on: March 26, 2024, 03:03:33 PM »
Collimator (1,639 posts)

Nobody is shaking their heads and saying, "Yes, this is a terrible tragedy. But people make mistakes and maybe the pilot had mental health issues. But, hey, if you want to enjoy the freedom of buying lots of stuff inexpensively, you have to accept that these sorts of things will happen."

Nope. People are looking into what happened this morning with an eye to making sure that it doesn't happen again.

That's because it wasn't a mass shooting that took the lives of ordinary people just trying to get through an ordinary day.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218810948

Oh spare me you jackass

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: You know what is NOT happening in Baltimore?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 03:21:59 PM »
I met a lady on a vacation we were on one time and she was in the insurance industry.  Her specialty was barge companies.  What was fascinating to me was how many of these boats and barges hit bridges.  She said it happens all the time.  Daily.

So, does this mental midget want to explain why this problem wasn't fixed before this particular bridge was hit?

Can he explain why we still have tractor trailer accidents?

How about railroad accidents?

No?  Wouldn't those be closer to the point than someone misusing a firearm, on purpose?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 03:27:23 PM »
Was that DU OP supposed to be coherent? Did any DU-member mistake it for being coherent?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 04:07:16 PM »
Was that DU OP supposed to be coherent? Did any DU-member mistake it for being coherent?

The DUmp Monkeys are imagining the OP made some kind of incredibly clever analogy between the bridge disaster and a mass shooting.

As usual, they are completely wrong.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2024, 04:13:27 PM »
No one knows anything about what happened other then a ship hit the bridge. It figures some idiot on the DUmp would spout off and try to look smart. Mission failed their DUmbass.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2024, 04:16:49 PM »
No one knows anything about what happened other then a ship hit the bridge. It figures some idiot on the DUmp would spout off and try to look smart. Mission failed their DUmbass.

We do know one thing for sure.

The new bridge will not be named Francis Scott Key Bridge. 

Probably George Floyd or something. ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2024, 04:58:30 PM »

Or, possibly the rainbow bridge
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2024, 05:10:32 PM »
People are not saying that Peter Bootyjuice is a great Sec Transport? 
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2024, 06:19:00 PM »
Collimator (1,639 posts)

Yea, Brandon being called out for yet another lie.

Brandon has far surpassed with actual verifiable lies vs. the supposed number of lies that President Trump has told.

Joe Biden claims that he took the train across the collapsed Francis Scott Key Bridge “Many Times” Unfortunately the Bridge does not have a rail line!

Next up Brandon will claim to have put himself through school being a ships pilot when he was younger.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2024, 09:56:57 AM »

I would not be surprised if some DUmmie posts that the bridge deserved to be brought down for being named for a defender of slavery and the Fugitive Slave Act.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2024, 03:03:49 PM »

It's B'more so it ill be the Freddie Gray Memorial Bridge.

The lies that Trump told according to the media: 9 million illegals have come across the open border under Biden.

Fact Check: Actual government figures indicate that 8,998,734 undocumented residents have crossed the border under glorious rule of great leader Biden. Trump is liar.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2024, 03:42:07 PM »

Or the Marilyn Mosby Bridge. If they hurry they might get it renamed before she starts her career modeling orange jumpsuits. :-)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2024, 04:50:04 PM »

The lies that Trump told according to the media: 9 million illegals have come across the open border under Biden.

Fact Check: Actual government figures indicate that 8,998,734 undocumented residents have crossed the border under glorious rule of great leader Biden. Trump is liar.

A related note:

Repugnant AP Tries to Inject Race Into Tragic Baltimore Bridge Collapse, Drags Up Namesake's Slavery Past

Well, that didn’t take long. The Key Bridge collapsed in Baltimore early Tuesday after being struck by a cargo ship, and the bodies of all the victims have not even been recovered yet. The economic catastrophe now facing Baltimore will certainly last months, but it has the potential to harm the region for years. Grieving families are still processing the loss of their loved ones even as investigators try to piece together what happened.

Yet the Associated Press thought now would be a good time to bring up the history of the bridge’s namesake—"Star-Spangled Banner” lyricist Francis Scott Key—and drag up his ties to slavery. Because what better time than in the aftermath of a horrific accident is there to try to make the story about racism when it has absolutely nothing to do with race?

That’s our laughingstock national press today, folks.

While the first verse of the anthem is the most well-known, there are a total of four stanzas; in the third, there’s a reference made to a slave. Key, whose family owned people and who owned enslaved people himself, supported the idea of sending free Black people to Africa but opposed the abolition of slavery in the U.S., according to the National Park Service’s Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine.

His personal history has made him a controversial figure in some quarters; in June 2020, a statue of him in San Francisco was taken down.

Go ahead and say it, Associated Press: the bridge probably deserved what it got. That’s the point of your story, admit it.

I’m not saying Key’s past should be glossed over; historians are absolutely free to discuss it—but what I am saying is this is 100 percent not the time to delve into it. The survivors and the families of those who perished certainly aren’t focused on that, and neither are the millions of empathetic Americans watching the tragedy unfold and feeling for those affected.

Post 9/11, do you remember any stories in the immediate aftermath about Lt. General Edward Lawrence Logan, a Spanish-American war hero from South Boston? I certainly don’t. Boston’s Logan Airport, where the 9/11 attackers boarded the planes that eventually crashed into the Twin Towers, is named after him. Yet somehow, journalists and readers thought the 3,000-plus deaths and the collapse of our iconic towers was the story of the day, not who the freakin’ airport was named after. That, and they evidently couldn't use his background to incite racial animus, so the press didn’t bother.

I’d love to believe that some enterprising reporter thought to themselves, “Hmm, this is a terrible tragedy; I could write a background story on this bridge and relate the history of our national anthem.” But I don’t believe that for a second (most "journalists" despise the Star-Spangled Banner)—I believe the writer went, “Oh! There’s a racial angle. Let’s hit it pronto despite the fact that it has nothing to do with anything!”

https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2024/03/27/repugnant-ap-tries-to-inject-race-into-tragic-baltimore-bridge-collapse-drags-up-namesakes-slavery-past-n2171970
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2024, 01:03:02 PM »
To the DUmmie(s),

1. Why was the PERFECT bridge hit? You know, just a fantastic coincidence for shutting down a major port and then the response.
2. Biden has responded in record time, but NOT for East Palestine, nor Hawaii, nor Texas. Odd, huh?
3. Nearly instant Fed tax dollars available, (in hours) yet no mention of the shipping company's nor the bridge's insurance policies (also see above). Or if they were mentioned, just brushed off.

Nope, nothing to see here.

“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2024, 01:38:28 PM »
Joe Biden claims that he took the train across the collapsed Francis Scott Key Bridge “Many Times” Unfortunately the Bridge does not have a rail line!

Joe’s so special his train doesn’t need any tracks, he’s been off his rails for years. :lmao: :lmao: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2024, 02:48:28 PM »

Well there is a list I bet.

Sheila Jackson Lee Bridge

The Al Sharpton Memorial Bridge. ( Yes I know he's not dead)

The Jesse Jackson Bridge.

I'm sure there are more but let's not waste time.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"