Author Topic: Up to a year in jail...  (Read 880 times)

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
Up to a year in jail...
« on: February 08, 2021, 01:08:10 PM »
Is this a ploy to raise some go fund me dollars?

Or is this DUmmie spawn really facing jail... or both?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215071192

Beakybird (2,098 posts)     Mon Feb 8, 2021, 11:27 AM

Up to a year in jail for stealing a Trump banner? My daughter has legal issues.

I posted about this in August, 2020.

My 19 year old daughter was driving with my wife in a very conservative county of Illinois. She sees this lawn that's all filled with Trump and Blue Lives Matter signs. My impetuous daughter jumps out and grabs a Trump banner, gets back in the car, and runs off.

I then get woken from a nap by the McHenry County police saying that my car was used in a crime. I say, that's the car that my wife drives that car but she would never do that. Maybe my daughter? The police lady asks for my daughter's number and says that if the banner is returned, there will be no charges. I stupidly provide her number.

The police lady called my daughter three times, and my daughter hung up on her three times. My daughter has already burned the banner. I told my daughter to call the policewoman or knock on the owner's door and apologize and ask what can be done to not press charges. She ignores me.

In the weeks ahead, we got all kinds of solicitations from law firms - some with a case number, but none from McHenry County. We just ignore all the non-official mail.

Flash forward to January, my daughter calls 9-1-1 for a distressed woman at a gas station whose boyfriend is abusing her. When the police take my daughter's witness statement, they run her name. Suddenly, my daughter's in handcuffs for missing a court appearance. They let her go on a "no-bond release" with a court date in McHenry County. The policeman tells my daughter that she'll probably get a $300 fine.

When my daughter goes by herself to court, 2/1/21, the judge asks her if she wants to defend herself, get a lawyer, or be given a public defender. The judge tells my daughter that she's facing a "class A misdemeanor" with a penalty of up to a year in jail. The judge gives my daughter a continuance to decide. Next date is on 3/5/21.

This is a really conservative county, and I'm worried that if my daughter gets a public defender, that a MAGA judge could still give her jail time or an onerous fine. I can't afford a lawyer.

Would a GoFundMe be successful? I don't want to grift good-hearted people. What do you do when you get more than you need from a GoFundMe? I imagine you can set a limit. I'm imagining $3000 for a good lawyer. IDK.

I don't know what to do. If anyone wants to tell me how stupid I was to give the police my daughter's #, I'll save you time. I was stupid!

OY VE!!!!

« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 04:58:27 PM by franksolich »

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Re: Up to a year in jail...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 01:41:33 PM »
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 01:52:04 PM »
I'll take bad parenting skills for $100 please

This all could have been avoided if mama bear would have stopped idiot daughter from taking the banner in the first place. 

See, no crime means no court appearance, no need for a lawyer, no possible jail sentence. 

It's really that simple.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 01:59:55 PM »
Get a go fund me page, get a public defender for your daughter and use the go fund me $$$ for booze, pot , lap dances and other fun stuff. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The stupid little bitch needs some tough love, a few nights in the slammer will be good for her, she may even meet a nice dyke for a new boyfriend. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 02:11:49 PM »
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

That the mother thinks the fact that the stolen property was Trump banners means anything says what needs to be said about her parenting.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 02:14:47 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 02:12:57 PM »
Why bail her out?  She committed a crime and needs to have some consequences.  Sounds like she's quite possibly a brat who needs to learn some manners.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 02:50:34 PM »
Why bail her out?  She committed a crime and needs to have some consequences.  Sounds like she's quite possibly a brat who needs to learn some manners.

KC

It will also provide a great opportunity for the daughter to experience single payer healthcare, food, shelter and clothing as a right.  :-)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2021, 02:54:01 PM »

KC

In DUmmy-world what she did is OK. You see laws that prevent the crimes of trespass and larceny only apply to Conservatives.  lefties are not supposed to be charged with such crimes because Orange Man Bad, you see?

In a rational world, these people would be charged with child abuse at the birth -- assuming they allow the children to live to term and do not kill them in he womb.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2021, 03:20:25 PM »
The arrogant twat, and arrogant parents, have nobody to blame but themselves.  They were given multiple opportunities to walk it back and threw away every one of them.  It's still possible the complainant will drop the charges, but since this beyotch has such a huge attitude, I'm hoping he stays with it.

That said, she isn't likely to get any significant executed sentence, probably something like 30 days suspended and a year's probation, hopefully with a substantial fine and some sort of restitution.  Hope they don't give her community service (Unless it's picking up highway trash under law enforcement supervision, with all the DUI losers) because she'll just claim work for some filthy prog organization should count.

ETA - As a lawyer, all I can say is this is what happens when you don't read your damn' mail.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2021, 04:16:17 PM »
Beakybird (2,097 posts)

10. Thanks so much! Spot on. I'm going to forward this thread to her.

She is very defiant, but she is a good actress. She feels like Trump was an incarnation of Hitler and the other fascists of history and anything done to thwart him - even illegal - is justified.
Just like a lot of election officials this year. She has a great future ahead of her in Democratic politics. And the criminal record will just be a resume enhancer.

This could have been over and done with six months ago if the self-important little felon wouldn't have been such a beeyotch to the law. Maybe Beakybird's entitled little brat will start posting on DU as "Jailbird." :rofl:

Oh, and I though Gofundme didn't fund criminal stuff??? Don't know since I don't do Gofundme. Or criminal stuff.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2021, 06:32:39 PM »
Beakybird (2,097 posts)

10. ... She feels like Trump was an incarnation of Hitler and the other fascists of history and anything done to thwart him - even illegal - is justified.

The ignorant twat needs to be taught that she's no Dietrich Bonhoeffer. My "jury" is still out on his having done it, but by the time Bonhoeffer joined the assassination plot Hitler had killed millions of Jews and many Slavs, gypsies (= Romani), homosexuals, etc. Trump, by 2020, still had killed zero.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2021, 06:35:54 PM »
Beakybird (2,098 posts)     Mon Feb 8, 2021, 11:27 AM

Up to a year in jail for stealing a Trump banner? My daughter has legal issues.

I posted about this in August, 2020.

My 19 year old daughter was driving with my wife in a very conservative county of Illinois. She sees this lawn that's all filled with Trump and Blue Lives Matter signs. My impetuous daughter jumps out and grabs a Trump banner, gets back in the car, and runs off.

I then get woken from a nap by the McHenry County police saying that my car was used in a crime. I say, that's the car that my wife drives that car but she would never do that. Maybe my daughter? The police lady asks for my daughter's number and says that if the banner is returned, there will be no charges. I stupidly provide her number.

The police lady called my daughter three times, and my daughter hung up on her three times. My daughter has already burned the banner. I told my daughter to call the policewoman or knock on the owner's door and apologize and ask what can be done to not press charges. She ignores me.

In the weeks ahead, we got all kinds of solicitations from law firms - some with a case number, but none from McHenry County. We just ignore all the non-official mail.

Flash forward to January, my daughter calls 9-1-1 for a distressed woman at a gas station whose boyfriend is abusing her. When the police take my daughter's witness statement, they run her name. Suddenly, my daughter's in handcuffs for missing a court appearance. They let her go on a "no-bond release" with a court date in McHenry County. The policeman tells my daughter that she'll probably get a $300 fine.

When my daughter goes by herself to court, 2/1/21, the judge asks her if she wants to defend herself, get a lawyer, or be given a public defender. The judge tells my daughter that she's facing a "class A misdemeanor" with a penalty of up to a year in jail. The judge gives my daughter a continuance to decide. Next date is on 3/5/21.

This is a really conservative county, and I'm worried that if my daughter gets a public defender, that a MAGA judge could still give her jail time or an onerous fine. I can't afford a lawyer.

Would a GoFundMe be successful? I don't want to grift good-hearted people. What do you do when you get more than you need from a GoFundMe? I imagine you can set a limit. I'm imagining $3000 for a good lawyer. IDK.

I don't know what to do. If anyone wants to tell me how stupid I was to give the police my daughter's #, I'll save you time. I was stupid!

OY VE!!!!

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 06:38:34 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2021, 07:07:33 PM »
Beakybird (2,097 posts)

10..... She feels like Trump was an incarnation of Hitler and the other fascists of history and anything done to thwart him - even illegal - is justified.

Well, if your daughter believes this idiocy then you've failed miserably as a parent. If Former President Trump was like your daughter feels he is then you and everyone who thinks like you would be, at best, locked up in a work camp slaving away for the rest of your miserable lives or, at worse, lying in an unmarked mass grave having been executed as an enemy of the state. Also, when Antifa and BLM went on a rampage....err, peacefully protested, they and those that support them openly would have been arrested, tried, found guilty of sedition and treason and marched out to face a firing squad. No parole or mercy given.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2021, 07:27:59 PM »
Bet the DUmmy would be singing a different tune if it would have been a BLM banner, just sayin'.
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2021, 07:55:44 PM »
Bet the DUmmy would be singing a different tune if it would have been a BLM banner, just sayin'.

Oh Absolutley.. why that would be an absolute HIGH CRIME

Posted by: DumbAss Tanker
« on: Today at 03:20:25 PM »Insert Quote
The arrogant twat, and arrogant parents, have nobody to blame but themselves.  They were given multiple opportunities to walk it back and threw away every one of them.  It's still possible the complainant will drop the charges, but since this beyotch has such a huge attitude, I'm hoping he stays with it.

That said, she isn't likely to get any significant executed sentence, probably something like 30 days suspended and a year's probation, hopefully with a substantial fine and some sort of restitution.  Hope they don't give her community service (Unless it's picking up highway trash under law enforcement supervision, with all the DUI losers) because she'll just claim work for some filthy prog organization should count.

ETA - As a lawyer, all I can say is this is what happens when you don't read your damn' mail.

Exactly

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2021, 09:02:24 PM »
So she blew off a court appearance? What  an arrogant twit. She's definitely earned a spell at The Graybar Hotel.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2021, 08:35:02 AM »
Noticed mama bear said her spawn was a good actress. Another liberal arts mooch is going to be dependent on us in the future, guys.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2021, 09:09:59 AM »
  I really should have done this.  I thought about it, but didn't carry through on it.  Where I live in VT a Trump 2020 sign wouldn't last one night.  I was going to buy a sign, stick it in my front yard, put on plastic gloves every night and smear fresh dog shit on the edges where you would grab it to pull it out of the ground. I know some fascists would be speeding up my road wondering what that smell was? 
    Also I might just have the same fellings about this as washed up actress Debra Messing who tweeted I hope President Trump gets raped in jail.